Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Optum is seeking a seasoned consulting leader to grow its consulting business serving as the Client Partner for the UHC Community & State relationship. This position is responsible for the identification and sale of consulting opportunities and development and sale of consulting solutions in the multiple areas of payer and provider consulting including Operations, Health Management, Systems Integration, Analytics, and Financial & Risk Management.
This role requires executive level relationships with clients and a proven track record of sales and business development performance in healthcare consulting. Primary responsibilities will include developing new opportunities and sale of client engagements within the UHC C&S relationship.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
As a Director, Healthcare Consulting Client Partner - Internal Market within our organization you will have the opportunity to perform the following types of activities:
Sales / Growth Leadership (75 to 90% Time Allocation):
- Develop new Consulting services opportunities that enhance the ongoing strategic business relationship between Optum Advisory Services and UHC C&S
- Grow Consulting revenues and operating income as the primary client relationship and business development leader
- Work closely with Consulting’s Government client partner to drive additional value across UHC C&S and UHC M&R
- Work closely with Consulting’s functional practice leaders to drive new business and help achieve each practice’s financial goals
- Leverage your personal network to identify new clients and expand existing client business
- Gather information, analyze, and develop strategies concerning dynamics that may affect the Consulting business relationship with targeted clients, such as changes in client ownership or new affiliations; current market share and targets of opportunities for new growth; clients' changing requirements; competitor strengths and weaknesses; and communicate these strategies as a part of Optum activities in the targeted clients
- Lead team(s) of Optum Consultants focused on developing new business with targeted accounts or groups of accounts in conjunction with Consulting practice leaders
- Proven sales acumen, with ability to sell Consulting / services engagements
- Proven ability to work and manage in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated strong business mind-set: thoroughly understands the financial drivers and levers of the UHC C&S business
Client Engagement Delivery (10 to 25% Time Allocation):
- Perform a billable role to clients in oversight and hands-on execution of large-scale projects/programs
- Large scale programs are defined as high cost, high complexity and/or high risk
- Serve in an advisory role to clients on business strategy, operational effectiveness and healthcare best practices
- Ensure that quality assurance methods are implemented within the program
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 6+ years of working in a Professional Consulting Organization
- 6+ years of experience performing large deal sales and consulting services to strategic clients (individual deal size $1M+ with total sales of $5M+ annual)
- 6+ years of extensive Healthcare Payer market experience
- Experience writing and executing business plans for new consulting solutions
- Track record in Consulting sales and year-over-year growth
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Ability to think strategically, proven experience laying out strategy, developing products and/or services from ground up that are sold in the commercial market
- Proven problem-solving skills (identification of issue, causes, solution, implementation plan)
- Program management - strong complex program management, P&L management, large scale program oversight and delivery
- Solid ability to influence and motivate
- Curiosity to understand client structure, relationships and opportunities
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.