About the Company and this Opportunity:
- Stable organization that has been around since 1941 and supports education
- Fridays off in the Summer-4-10 hour days June-September!
- Great Work-Life Balance, Rare Overtime
- Great Team Collaboration including fun department events
- They will consider someone ready for the next step from a Senior Accountant role
- Great benefits including 8 Medical Plans to pick from with dependent coverage, 24 days of vacation, 12 sick days and 3 personal days, state retirement plan and amazing tuition reimbursement!!
Job duties of the Accounting Supervisor Role:
- Oversee and ensure the accuracy of transactional accounting
- Recruit, recommend for hire, supervise, direct and encourage the work of accounting staff, including assignment of tasks, providing guidance and professional development opportunities
- Analyze and recommend adjustments to internal accounting procedures to ensure continuous improvement, compliance and efficiency.
- Develop the annual financial statement with the Vice President of Finance
- Work with external auditors in the review of the annual financial statement or other financial audits.
- Supervise timely preparation of reports.
- Participate in the Budget, Accounting and Reporting Council
- Foster collaboration and partnerships with other departments
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications preferred for the Accounting Supervisor Role:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 2 +years of progressive experience
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills to promote direction and mentoring.
- Exhibits initiative and is self-motivated.
- Strong computer application skills such as: Excel, MS Office, Outlook
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office