The U.S. Automotive Parts Group of Genuine Parts Company is seeking a District Sales
Manager to develop new customers and expand sales to existing customers at all distribution
levels for an assigned sales territory and product lines. This is a unique opportunity to join an
aggressive, high-energy sales team. The District Sales Manager will report to the Regional
Sales Manager and will be responsible for developing new business, current client retention,
and process management while providing the highest level of customer service and support.
- Consistently meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, yearly financial targets.
- Provide top-notch customer service and communication to all accounts in your territory.
- Build and maintain good relationships with customers at all levels to ensure 100% account retention.
- Understand the customer and their needs, and effectively work with local management team (General Manager, District Manager, and Sales Manager) to offer insight and intelligence with respect to customer demands. Identify areas of concern and advise management of corrective actions as required.
- Call on NAPA Stores and their respective customers informing them of sales promotions and sales opportunities. Work with the local independent NAPA Stores to gain new customers using assigned product lines.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all aspects of assigned product lines.
- Provide classroom and/or “in-field” education and training to customers on assigned product lines.
- Develop weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales plans detailing concepts and actions necessary to achieve business growth opportunities consistent with the Company’s growth objectives.
- Recommend successful sales programs/strategies aimed to improve the overall effectiveness of the territory, DC, District and/or area business activities.
- Conduct periodic account reviews to keep management updated on key progress indicators.
- Attend, organize, and manage key promotional events and trade shows.
- Utilize technology provided to conduct business in an efficient manner.
- Enter and maintain up-to-date customer data and detailed customer information into the customer relationship management software.
- Complete and submit electronic and/or written reports of daily and weekly activities, expenses, competitive activity, account changes, promotions and all administrative functions within assigned territory using company approved methods and technology on or before given due dates.
- Participate with colleagues in sharing marketing intelligence about product opportunities that will grow sales.
- Other duties assigned
Experience, Education, and Abilities
- 3-5 years of previous selling and account management experience. Must have a solid record of success developing new business, while still being able to maintain and grow existing business.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent sales/marketing experience.
- Possess a valid driver's license with no DWI convictions within the past four years and not have over three moving violations or two at-fault accidents in the last three years.
- Must be able to travel within assigned territory: travel to account meetings, sales meetings, and other meetings; drive long distances to make multiple sales calls on a daily basis including overnight stays as required by the territory.
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office, internet navigation, CRM applications).
- In addition, the position requires the following competencies:
- Possess a high sense of urgency and be customer service oriented. Experience with building and developing strong customer relationships. Excellent listener. Empathetic to individuals concerns and direct necessary follow-up actions.
- Be a team player. We want teammates with a proactive, never-fail-attitude in the face of adversity, ambiguous situations, and a lack of managerial oversight. You should have the ability to work and motivate yourself independently while also working with teammates for the greater good of the team and Company.
- Multi-Tasking: Ability to manage many different sales activities simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills; ability to prioritize and demonstrate initiative.
- Tenacity: Staying with a position or plan of action until the desired objective is achieved or is no longer reasonably attainable.
- Meet commitments.
- Strong written, oral, and facilitation skills.
- Excellent presentation skills - ability to effectively deliver sales presentations to varied audiences.
- Ability to define problems and resolve them quickly.
- Set expectations, track results, and manage accountability.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee will often be required to sit, talk and hear and occasionally be required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, twist, climb or kneel. The employee will occasionally be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community on
or create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
- Account Management
- Customer Service
- Microsoft Office