To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mooseheart, IL
- Kyle Rife, Director of Admissions/Recruiting
- Phone: (630) 906-3631
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Youth Social Services Worker
Mooseheart Child City & School, Inc. • Mooseheart, IL
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you looking to embark in a career working with at-risk youth? A position as a Youth Social Services Worker with Mooseheart Child City & School is a perfect place to receive valuable experience working with children and teens in-need, to help them excel in school and become great young adults!
Who We Are:
Mooseheart Child City & School is a community and school for those kids, located on a 1,000-acre beautiful campus 38 short miles west of Chicago. In our over 100+ year history, we’ve been home to nearly 12,000 young people ranging in age from infancy through high school.
Who You Are:
You are passionate about working with children and teens to form meaningful bonds, and help them grow both educationally and personally. You’re willing to sacrifice your time and a large portion or your private life in order to work with these youths and gain valuable experience in this field.
What You Will Be Doing:
The Youth Social Services Worker will be responsible for providing educational, relational, social, spiritual and moral guidance in this nonprofit setting including:
- Teaching social skills to children and youth – 182 skills the youth need when they leave Mooseheart including alternative behavior skills
- Building relationships with adults and peers
- Empowering youth to make decisions and problem solve
- Providing consistency – all Child Caregiver Teachers and staff use the same principals and verbiage
- Providing a loving and caring environment
What You will Get:
Mooseheart, a nonprofit organization, offers Youth Social Services Workers:
- Starting salary from $27,000-$28,500
- Free room and board (equivalent to a savings of more than $750 per month)
- Eligibility for full, low cost, medical health (BCBS-PPO) and dental benefits beginning the first of the month following employment
- Business vehicle available (when responsible for live-in youth)
- Self-directed 401(k) - company makes annual contributions regardless of employee's contributions
- Paid vacations, personal time off and holidays
- Two days off each week (1 bonus day added each month)
- On duty 5 days / off duty 2 days per week (with one additional day off per month)
The qualified Youth Social Services Worker is fair, effective and concerned for the well-being of children and youth in their care. The successful Youth Social Services Worker also has:
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record
- High School diploma required (College degree preferred)
- Previous experience is a plus - but not necessary
- Ability to work within a team approach
- Conflict-management skills
- Ability to live and work within our campus environment
- Personality that is nurturing, energetic, patient and persistent
- Ability to work under challenging conditions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Organization and time-management skills
Some of our successful Youth Social Services Workers have come from the following backgrounds, or are interested in the following areas:
- Mental Health Professionals
- Teacher Aides / Para-Professionals
- Stay-at-Home Parents
- Youth Social Work
- Youth Ministry
- Residential Advisers (RAs)