Teledyne LeCroy designs and manufactures digital oscilloscopes, digitizers, protocol analyzers and a variety of other electronic test equipment. Our products are used around the world to develop the electronics that you use each day. We pride ourselves in innovation. Over our 60+ years we have pushed boundaries and shaped the test equipment market time and time again.
For fifty years, we have been designing custom integrated circuits to meet the unique and challenging requirements of our test equipment products. We are looking for a full-time Senior IC Design Engineer to join our team and bring their experience to bear on the world of test and measurement IC design.
Teledyne LeCroy’s headquarters and the core IC design team are in Chestnut Ridge, NY—just 30 miles North of New York City. We are primarily seeking employees who will work on-site at our headquarters but will also consider remote-work arrangements on a case-by-case basis.
About Teledyne LeCroy:
- LeCroy has spent the last 60 years using engineering innovation to solve problems that push the boundary of what is possible. Along the way we have built a team of talented engineers who are passionate about using their skills and creativity to attack design challenges. LeCroy is a place for engineers who love to solve problems, build their skills, and collaborate with other like-minded engineers.
- As part of an engineering organization that designs test equipment, the IC design team is involved in the full product life cycle. This creates unique opportunities for building knowledge and experience as compared to other IC design environments.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
- The Senior IC Design Engineer will design custom integrated circuits for test and measurement applications using primarily SiGe BiCMOS technology. They will start from the planning phase to identify the strategy to pursue and then perform the detailed schematic, layout, extract, and verification work to prepare the design for tape out. Dedicated layout resources will be available, but the designer is expected to practice layout-aware design and handle layout tasks which are core to the target performance of their circuits.
- The custom ICs that the Senior IC design engineer will work on often include a mix of the following characteristics:
- Precise DC accuracy
- Wideband operation from DC up to as high as 100GHz
- Signal conditioning (amplification and filtering)
- Optimization of noise and distortion
- Analog signal distribution (splitter, mux, driver, receiver)
- Clocking (frequency multipliers, phase shifters, clock distribution, re-timers)
- High speed sampling (track and hold / sample and hold / interleaving)
- Mixed-signal design
- Temperature stability
- Power consumption constraints
- ESD protection
- Design for manufacturability and reliability
- The Senior IC Design Engineer will primarily use Cadence tools (Virtuoso, AMS, SpectreRF, Explorer, Assembler, Quantus, EMX, Physical Verification System) to complete the design tasks. Skill and Python scripting are used in collaboration with these tools. In some designs, additional tools such as Ansys HFSS are used as well.
- The Senior IC Design Engineer will collaborate closely with other members of the IC design team. Often, multiple designers are working together on one chip. Whether or not designers are working together on the same project, shared technical exploration and learning are valued and expected of all members of the team.
- Since our custom ICs are used in the test and measurement products we develop, the Senior IC Design Engineer will also collaborate with the design and manufacturing teams that will use the custom ICs.
- When silicon comes back from the foundry, a separate test team will handle the bulk of the IC characterization, but the Senior IC Design Engineer will also participate in the characterization process.
- The Senior IC Design Engineer will work with test engineers to implement wafer test procedures and provide guidance on production issues as they arise.
- LeCroy is part of Teledyne which is a technology company made up of many smaller independently operated high-tech businesses. The Senior IC Design Engineer will work as part of the LeCroy IC design team, but with the benefit and resources of the larger IC design community within Teledyne.
- Six or more years of BiCMOS IC design experience with multiple tape outs, meaningful personal responsibility, and successful results
- BS, MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering
- Thorough understanding of fundamental circuit design concepts such as passive network analysis, bipolar devices, CMOS devices, time and frequency domain analysis, feedback, stability, transmission lines, noise, distortion, compression, temperature sensitivity and sampling theory
- Thorough understanding of real-world circuit design considerations such as bipolar and CMOS device structure and limitations, thermal sensitivity, parasitics, electromigration, breakdown, ESD susceptibility and reliability
- Understanding of RF design topics such as S-Parameters and matching networks
- Proficiency with the tools we use or comparable tools (Virtuoso, AMS, SpectreRF, Explorer, Assembler, Quantus, EMX, Physical Verification System, Skill, Python, HFSS)
- Experience designing wideband circuits from DC to mm-wave frequencies
- Enthusiasm for sharing knowledge and mentoring junior team-members
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Senior Analog IC Design Engineer or call
. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
- Integrated Circuits
- Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (Cmos)