eCommerce Order Support Specialist-eBay/Amazon (Buffalo Grove)
Minor Details is a growing eCommerce company based in the Buffalo Grove. This is a HOME-BASED business and the positions are onsite only. The company sells a variety of beading and jewelry supplies through, Amazon, Etsy, Artfire and its own website. The company has been in business since 2005. We process 100+ orders per day.
Over the next few months we anticipate further growth and will need to fill at least one part-time position.
- Break down items we purchase in bulk into smaller quantities. Each item is then bagged and labeled. This includes counting with a tweezers and an electronic scale.
- You will also be measuring cord and cutting it.
- Replenishment of empty product bins
- Assist in processing orders
- You must be able to count with accuracy and be productive. This means counting once and moving onto the next item.
- Must be able to work in fast-paced environment!
- Must be able to perform duties with extremely low error rate!
- Be able to multitask
- Learn new tasks quickly
- A desire to learn new things and to advance within the organization
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
Preferred but not required
- Microsoft Word
- Worked with some package labeling system
- Selling experience on Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Artfire
- If you have a crafting background, this would be a huge plus. Please indicate your background when responding to the ad.
The current position is part-time but hours could expand as the business grows. We would like to talk to people that can make a 5-10 hour a week commitment. If you can work Saturday that would help. Compensation is based on ability and experience. Only local inquiries will be considered. Available work hours are currently 10:00am until 4:00 PM Monday through Friday, Saturday 9:00 AM until 1:00PM. If you end up getting the position, we will work with you to optimize your work hours. This means if you get 5 hours per week we will not have you work 1 hour per day. We will try and split it up over 2-3 days. As the position requires more time, we will add days or expand the number of hours per day. The last person that was hired now works 40 hours per week.
When contacting us please provide the following:
1) A resume if you have one or give us an idea of your background and experience.
2) Identify the days and times you would be available to work and make sure the total is 10 hours or more.
3) Tell us why the position interest you and why you think you should be considered.
4) Try and make sure that your resume has something in there that matches the job description. If it does not, please provide some skills you have used in an email or cover letter to improve your chances.
- Location: Buffalo Grove
- Compensation: Hourly based on experience but most likely minimum wage.
- This is a part-time job.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
- Microsoft Word
- Self Motivation