To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Odessa, TX 79760
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Apprentice Electrician - Electrical Utilities
Centuri Group, Inc. • Odessa, TX
Posted 3 months ago
A career built on Solid Ground means you work for a growing leader in a stable industry. With Linetec Services, you are part of a team working on the electric infrastructure critical for hundreds of thousands of people. With competitive pay from day one, paid training, and opportunities for advancement, working at Linetec Services is more than a job – it’s a career.
At Linetec Services our Electrician Helper performs duties, under the supervision of a licensed electrician, in the repair, maintenance and installation of electrical systems and equipment.
- Weekly Payroll
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life, Universal Life, AD&D, Accident and Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Under the supervision of a Lead Journeyman Electrician, perform semi-skilled duties related to the installation, maintenance, and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment
- Maintain tools, equipment and supplies
- Perform civil work including grounding, trenching, and conduit installation
- Operate test equipment such as voltmeters, meg tester, amp meters, and high potential test equipment
- Assist Journeyman Electrician as needed
- Perform other related duties as requested by leadership
Education, Skills, Experience Needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
- 2 years of work experience in a commercial structural wiring environment preferred
- Prior experience operating excavation equipment is a plus
- Ability to use a tape measure and calculate mathematical equations
- Understanding of company and government operating plans and procedures
- Ability to read and accurately interpret construction electrical drawings
- Work is performed in a typical indoor office environment
- Regular visits to construction sites requiring use of personal protective equipment with exposure to adverse conditions
- Mobility required within an office, warehouse and construction site environments
- Travel will be required as needed
- Flexibility to work various schedules and stay late when necessary with little or no notice
- Must be able to read documents, use a computer, communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
- Pass pre-employment, random, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug screens
- Provide valid US work authorization documents for E-Verify
- Satisfactory results of pre-employment background check results
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
This job description is subject to change at any time. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, and does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Centuri and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Centuri will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.
Nearest Major Market: Midland
Nearest Secondary Market: Midland