Description & Requirements
Senior Accounting Analyst - Shared Services
We’re focused on bringing more light into people’s lives by helping them create healthier, happier spaces to build memories and do what they love. This applies to our team, too. By celebrating our differences and embracing a positive work-life balance, we are recognized as a Yellow Ribbon company, one of Forbes Magazine’s 2021 “America’s Best Large Employers” and a “Best Employer for Diversity.”. As a 2021 Energy Star Partner of the Year, Andersen is also committed to environmental health and sustainability. No matter your role, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference.
Andersen is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This role leads the supplier master data management process across the enterprise. This involves complex business processes, partnering across multiple business units and functions and ensuring corporate policies and protocols are followed. You will lead detailed and complex transactional processes across a multi-system, non-integrated environment. You will lead and support a strong system of internal controls while providing exemplary customer service in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Partnering cross-functionally on supplier master data management including but not limited to: new supplier set-up, supplier updates, supplier data standards, supplier inactivation, data cleansing, supplier payment terms, W-9 management, 1099 support, ensuring data integrity, accuracy and standards across multiple non-integrated systems.
- Compiles, classifies, consolidates, examines, and analyzes very complex enterprise accounting processes; prepares or provides direction for related financial statement analysis impacting balance sheet, profit and loss statement, cash flow statement, etc. According to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles With, little or no supervisory review interprets and applies corporate financial policies, government legislation and accounting theory as applicable. Monitors the system of internal accounting controls to ensure the safeguarding of company assets and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Supports and leads critical financial cycles: period end, year-end, reporting, budgeting, forecasting, physical inventories, internal/external audits, senior management meetings, etc.
- Supports and leads critical Accounts Payable financial controls related to balance sheet reconciliations, processing discrepancy management and resolution, goods received not invoiced management and resolution, ad hoc projects involving accounts payable transactions and analytics.
- Supports and leads the design, development and testing of enterprise change management impacting business processes within non-integrated, multi-system environment Includes financial assessments of change management including but not limited to: impacts to P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, business case analytics, etc. Leads the collaboration with business partners through complex financial systems, processes and designs.
- Supports and leads the interpretation, compare of business / divisional and enterprise policies. Responsible for identifying differences related to risk, internal controls, efficiencies, etc.
Does not have any direct reports. May provide direction to junior level employees. Provides direction to business partners (IT, Order, Logistics, Tax, Treasury, etc.) on accounting issues, policies, standard practices, accounting system design and testing, etc..
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from four-year College or university;
- 8+ years of related work experience
- Advanced user of Microsoft Suite of office software products (excel, windows, etc.)
- This role heavily uses Microsoft Excel – must be highly proficient/advanced
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and minimal manage direction
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Strong accounting and problem-solving skills
- Develops relationships quickly and in a positive manner fostering collaboration and partnership
CULTURE AND BENEFITS:
“Be Orange. Be You.” is how we express our belief that by embracing our differences, and empowering you, we’ll be a stronger team able to accomplish what otherwise wouldn’t be possible. This Orange spirit has helped us become the #1 innovative window and door brand* and the one homeowners love the most.** It’s also why we’re committed to supporting you to approach each day with a bright outlook.
Benefits include, and are not limited to:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Paid holidays plus PTO
- 401(k) plan & contributions
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement opportunities
- Charity contributions
- Nationwide career opportunities
We look forward to seeing how your unique skills, background and experiences will inspire our team and help us continue to be the leader we are today.
* 2020 Andersen brand surveys of U.S. contractors, builders & architects
** 2020 Andersen Brand Survey of U.S. homeowners
In 2023, Andersen has set a profit-sharing target of $4,000 per eligible employee, prorated as appropriate. Profit sharing will be paid out in quarterly installments to provide eligible employees with payments throughout the year, with payment amounts tied to quarterly operating profit performance.
- Accounting Control
- Accounts Payable
- Bank Reconciliation
- Business Processes