Stars Business Intelligence COE is an integral part of the Medicare organization responsible for providing Business Intelligence and analytical insights into key decision processes, focusing on complex initiatives, with measurable impact on performance. We use advanced analytical tools, modeling, and machine learning to generate actionable insights by leveraging big data within a cutting-edge environment. We are focused on creating new opportunities that drive change and optimize business performance across segment partners.
As the Lead Data Scientist, you will play a critical role in shaping and developing analytical capabilities to improve member experience, reduce member abrasion and Optimize Medicare Stars performance. You will apply Data Science techniques and leverage your business acumen to successfully lead multiple complex initiatives and deliver innovative solutions that help drive business performance and growth.
* Ability to structure data analysis, drive analytical solutions and insights, and present recommendations to leadership and internal clients and stakeholders
* Develops complex algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes.
* Perform analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve complex business problems utilizing advanced statistical techniques and analyses
* Manages large and complex analytical projects from data exploration, model building, performance evaluation and testing.
* Behaves as mentor to junior team members to provide technical advice.
* Collaborates with business partners to develop technical /business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
* Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions
* Use strong knowledge in algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions. Use strong programming skills to explore, examine and interpret large volumes of data in various forms.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
* 5+ years of relevant Data Science and business experience.
* Strong grasp of experimental design, A/B testing and advanced statistical analysis
* Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages (proficient experience with Python, R, SAS, SQL)
* Structured approach to frame problems and closely partnering with business stakeholders
* Strong skills to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business
* Ability to lead through ambiguity and complexity to take calculated risks to solve problems, forge new paths for growth, and achieve challenging goals.
* Deep knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
* Solid understanding of health care industry, products, and systems.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
Experience with strategy consulting or on strategy teams a plus
Bachelor's degree in quantitative field, or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand - with heart at its center - our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- A/B Testing
- Big Data
- Business Intelligence
- Commercial Awareness