About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 101 television markets. Upon closing pending transaction, Gray will own television stations serving 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WDBJ7, WZBJ and WDBJ7.com is a Gray owned dominant CBS affiliated media powerhouse in beautiful Roanoke, Virginia. Known as “Your Hometown Station®”, WDBJ7 and WZBJ serve 26 counties across the Blue Ridge Mountain region and produces more than 55 hours of award-winning local news coverage, more than any of its competitors in the Roanoke/Lynchburg market.
The Digital Anchor Producer writes, shoots and edits news stories. Must be able to operate Digital News Desk software. Present clear and accurate LIVE content on WDBJ7+ Digital Platforms and in newscasts. Must be able to juggle multiple technical aspects of the Digital desk. Must be able to adlib during Breaking News situations.
Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Research, gather, write and report news stories for on-air and online in the most accurate, appealing, timely and creative way using all sources
• Report “live”, especially during breaking news
• Make regular beat checks
• Conduct interviews in the field and on-digital desk
• Develop and maintain sources of information and knowledge about assignments
• Demonstrate sound news judgment, collaborate with others to present the story in the best way
• Must be able to utilize non-linear editing equipment on a daily basis
• Enterprise hard-news, research-driven packages under tight deadlines
• Participate in story selection process through meetings, regularly contribute story ideas
• Attend/host/speak at community service, schools, and community events; meet and greet viewers
• Post and regularly update stories and other material on the web.
• Must update social media sites daily, including Facebook, to report stories and interact with viewers
• Possess a broad and working knowledge of the viewing area, including people, places, things, and history
• Enter CG text and times into newsroom software 30 minutes prior to newscasts
• Use knowledge of appropriate lighting to enhance overall news presentation
• Present TV stories in alternative ways at least twice a week (non-package presentation)
• Produce daily one reporter package and one vo/sot/vo or other contribution on a different story
• Critique, feedback, and training are part of the job
• Communicate with the web staff and other appropriate staff members during breaking news
• Follow clothing and appearance guidelines.
• Must be a visual storyteller; perform creative stand-ups and explanatory live shots
• Evenings, weekends, and some holidays may be required
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
• 1-3 years of experience
• Experience with digital cameras, newsroom software, and non-linear editing
• Be able to write in a clear, concise, conversational manner
• Must possess excellent interview and conversational writing skills
• Excellent live reporting skills and strong on-camera presentation skills required
• Basic computer knowledge including newsroom software (such as ENPS or I-News,) Microsoft applications, and Internet use
• Ability to shoot and edit video with digital cameras
• Able to produce and post content to our websites
• Intermediate knowledge of social media
• Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
• Work well in a team environment
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and well under pressure
• Strong initiative and attention to detail is required
• Demonstrate solid news judgment and journalistic ethics
• Maintain professional and ethical conduct at the station and in the community
• Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors and viewers
• Strong research skills, including the ability to navigate online search engines
• Must stay current with national and local news/weather
• Ability to enterprise local hard-news stories
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to DIGITAL ANCHOR/PRODUCER - WDBJ, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now"
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
- Attention To Detail
- Digital Cameras
- Electronic News Production Systems
- Live Reporting