Job Title: BTS SMO Contract Manager
Duration: 7+ months(+extension)
BTS SMO Contract Manager
The BTS Supplier Management Office (SMO) drives integration between IT Leadership, IT Operations, Procurement, and contracted Service Providers while ensuring receipt of services in accordance with outsourcing agreements. The SMO optimizes contract, performance, financial, and relationship management processes building a foundation to resolve issues, monitor contract compliance, drive continuous improvement, and guide the relationship with the providers.
The Contract Manager has responsibility for end to end contract administration including contract change and interpretation, service level management and oversight of contractual deliverables and obligations. The Contract Manager also guards the commercial relationship and administers commercial and financial arrangements with the Service Providers to include billing, invoicing, performance/penalty adjustments and internal chargebacks where appropriate. The position may be responsible for multiple supplier relationships.
This role requires the resource to influence and partner with senior IT leadership and key 3rd party providers. This role requires the ability to operate with broad goals and objectives with little direction to execute. Work is reviewed for soundness of business judgment and to determine if overall results and objectives have been achieved.
Primary responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Develop and direct the relationships with Strategic (high-spend, high-value and high-dependence) Service Providers
- Facilitate and build relationships with and among executives internally and across suppliers
- Develops and maintains governance process frameworks for interactions and integrations with the suppliers
- Facilitates requirement setting and prioritization for the suppliers. Ensures that requirements are well-communicated and well-understood, and clearly defines expectations from the business
- Acts as the point of accountability for escalation for relationship issues and, if all other avenues of supplier management fail, operational problems
- Monitors the performance of the agreements and the overall relationships with the suppliers
- Helps establish common goals between key stakeholders and suppliers, and drives communication between the parties
- Tracks and ensures that all contractual obligations (e.g., commitment dates, milestones, notices, renewals, deliverables) are met.
- Ensures the agreement is updated to reflect the current business relationship.
- Works directly with legal and outside counsel, when necessary
- Proactively identifies areas of opportunity for process improvement efficiencies.
- Must be proactive in originating, participating in and executing strategies to achieve both current and long-range objectives.
Required skills and experience
The successful candidate for this position will have the following experiences and expertise:
- Strong business acumen, technical, financial, communication and negotiation skills with demonstrated diplomacy and effectiveness when working in a matrix environment.
- Multi-faceted approach to relationship management to include a board range of communication and problem-solving skills (accommodation, flexibility, support, understanding and more).
- Knowledge of contracting trends, and traditional and emerging contract and supplier performance models.
- Experience negotiating and managing contract life cycles with an emphasis on infrastructure outsourcing and IT consulting service agreements
- Ability to understand contract risks and to work with other parts of the organization crafting tactics and strategies for risk mitigation.
- Effective communicator and presenter in formal and informal settings across all levels including senior leadership (executive presence)
- Experience in packaging high-quality documents for senior IT leadership presentation purposes with a meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledgeable about how organizations work and know how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network
- Clear thinker who anticipates and develops strategies for anticipated future consequences and trends
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Develops innovative or creative process improvements
- Solves difficult problems with effective solutions using rigorous logic and methods
- Quickly creates focus on the most important issues
- Highly organized, self-motivated and directed
- Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a will to finish
- Team-oriented, collaborative environment leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform in alignment with key IT principles: Transparency, Delivering value, Keeping things simple, Enabling People, Predicting/Preventing issues, Insisting on Compliance
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with an emphasis on infrastructure outsourcing and IT consulting service agreements.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, or equivalent
- Law degree preferred
ManpowerGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)
Complex Problem Solving