The Product Development/ Product Sales Representative is responsible for Generator Set Sales activities for all existing and potential Valley Power Systems North, Inc. customers. Work involves using creativity, initiative and working well with customers. Must have and maintain a clean & valid CA driver’s license.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Promotes all Generator products offered by Valley Powers Systems North, Inc. to all existing and potential customers.
- Visit engineering firms and customers to develop and establish business relationships.
- Makes Sales calls with factory representatives as requested by Management.
- Conducts indirect sales as requested by Management.
- Completes all required paperwork in a neat and timely manner.
- Follows all policies set forth by Valley Power Systems North, Inc.
- Must present a professional image as a representative of the Company.
- Provides two new customer contacts per week minimum.
- Offer technical assistance to customers and staff.
- Maintains effective working relationships with customers, contractors, consulting engineers, suppliers, and Valley personnel.
- Completes all required paperwork in a neat and timely manner. Paperwork to include monthly update reports of activity and business generated based upon direction by Branch Manager.
- Conducts indirect sales activity with customers, contractors, consulting engineers, and factory representatives as appropriate.
- Understands GenSet Systems, Controls, Paralleling Switchgear and their interaction.
- Reports competitive situations and territory needs.
- Knowledge of the electrical and mechanical regulations, standards and requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Five (5) years previous experience as sales representative.
- Knowledge of product and service Company.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must have thorough knowledge of Company sales policies, programs, procedures, products and customer relations.
- Must have very high level of analytical ability for complex problem solving.
Education & Experience:
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Completion of recommended Company training programs.
Travel is primary local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area travel may be expected.
- Complies with Company policies and procedures.
- Performs job safely with respect to others, to property and to individual safety.
- Works effectively with others in the company to encourage teamwork and productivity.
- Must be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work.
Valley and the Valley Power Systems Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Customer Relationship Management