To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Saint Johns, FL 32259
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
D.R. HORTON, INC. • Saint Johns, FL
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Superintendent. The right candidate's primary responsibility is to manage all functions of the job site as it relates to home construction while providing excellent customer service. The Superintendent manages the construction of multiple homes from permit to closing by scheduling and supervising job site subcontractors, homeowner walk-throughs, and inspections while maintaining company construction and safety standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Plan and direct construction activities on the building site
• Schedule all involved subcontractors for each phase of development and construction
• Completes each home site on schedule from planning through occupancy, ensuring all contract obligations are satisfied
• Approves work being performed by subcontractors and handle any related issues
• Authorizes payment of subcontractors upon thorough inspection of work
• Maintains a safe work site by implementing safety requirements and good housekeeping regulations, enforcing safe work habits, observing OSHA requirements and any state-level agencies’ regulations
• Maintains compliance with all applicable building codes
• Verify all checklists are completed and inspections are scheduled and passed
• Conduct homeowner orientation and any re-walks ensuring homeowner satisfaction
• Recognize and enforce quality standards through daily inspection of homes under construction
• Monitors subdivision cleanliness and hold subcontractors responsible for daily clean-up
• Schedule and manage subcontractors to make designated warranty repairs
• Follow up with homeowners to ensure concerns are addressed in a timely and professional manner
• Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
• Ability to work additional hours as necessary to meet business needs
• Develops and maintains good rapport with subcontractors, homeowners, city officials and inspectors
• Execute company policies and enforces uniformity on construction methods to ensure compliance with quality standards
• Suggest improvements within the system
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3-5 years related experience
- Must have a vehicle capable of carrying supplies, valid driver’s license and be willing to drive among designated communities in daytime and nighttime
- Ability to utilize DRH Construction applications on a smart phone, tablet, or laptop
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral form or via DRH Construction applications
- Proficiency with MS Office and email
- Ability to stand and walk for 4 hours straight or up to a full 8-hour day; sit for extended periods; kneel and bend at the waist; climb, balance and stoop, crouch or crawl; walk up and down stairs; walk on unlevel terrain; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision
- Regular exposure to outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, high precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level is generally loud
- Work effectively in high pressure situations
- Ability to communicate organizational policies and other information to subordinates
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
• Medical, Vision and Dental
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Flex Spending Accounts
• Life Insurance
• Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America’s Builder.
Follow us on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram