Facility: Poudre Valley Hospital
Department: Women's Care
Flex Shift, could be either day or night shift
No guaranteed hours; ACP Program criteria stipulates that any ACP must be able to work at least one 12-hour shift (day, nights, or weekends, as needed by unit) per week, 24 hours per (bi-weekly) pay-period, consistently until graduation.
Flexible schedule; Combination of Days/Nights/Weekends/HolidaysSummary - Advanced Care Partner - Women's Care
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs basic patient care activities.Job Duties
• Performs basic patient care activities as delegated and supervised by an RN, including but not limited to, monitoring vital signs, taking blood glucose measurements, and recording intake and output.
• Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living, including but not limited to, bathing, grooming and eating.
• Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
• Assists with keeping unit(s) and patient rooms stocked, clean, and orderly.
• Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, and take appropriate action. Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.Requirements
• Enrolled in an accredited nursing program, without interruption and in good standing. Must have successfully completed Med/Surg 1 (or equivalent) at time of application with the ability to provide transcript with grade.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course).
Please refer to the program website for a complete explanation of application requirements:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Advanced Care Partner (ACP) - Women's Care
This application process is recommended to be completed from a desktop-based computer.
Current UCHealth employees must apply internally through Employee Space.
You will have the opportunity to attach one single PDF or Word document to your profile at the top of the first page of the online application (link in the red box). Please include the following three items in your document:
1. Cover letter
2. Comprehensive resume
3. Nursing school unofficial transcripts (verifying your completion of Med-Surg I or equivalent)This position's pay rate is a minimum of $15.30/hour base rate. Eligible for PRN and shift differentials.At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
- Registered Nurse Certified
- Basic Life Support
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Personal Care
- Health Care