Private Duty Division Home Health Aide, Level 2 Full Time Days AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
Location Address: 12470 Telecom Drive Suite 100, Tampa, Florida 33637
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
• Faith based and Mission driven agency
• Flexible scheduling
• One-on-one patient care in the patient’s home environment
• Joint Commission Deemed Status accredited agency
• Competitive pay with no state income tax
• Commitment to workplace wellness and exceptional health and benefits offerings
• Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
• Close to Gulf beaches, parks and golf courses
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Comply with all department policies, procedures, practices and standards of care.
• Perform personal care activities and support services for patients in their place of residence as specified in a written assignment.
• Document personal care and patient care activities rendered according to CNA/HHA Plan of Care.
• Communicate pertinent information to the Private Division Supervisor.
• Demonstrates effective communication skills with all team members, patients and families.
• May provide patient sitter duties inside Hospital or other care facility.
• Maintains clinical record information in accordance with established standards and within established time frames.
• Attends in service training as scheduled, but at a minimum of three (3) hours per quarter for a total of twelve (12) annually.
• Demonstrate cost-effective practices.
• Participate in the review process and the agency performance improvement program.
• Participate in orientation, in-service and staff meetings as scheduled.
• Secures patient confidentiality by protecting patient information on and off duty.
• Displays flexibility in accepting assignment changes and readily accepts assignment and patient care responsibilities.
• Displays basic infection control procedures
• Develop skills through attendance at staff development meetings, pertinent educational activities.
• Complete related tasks as assigned by the Supervisor, Manager or Director.
What You Will Need:
1. Demonstrated knowledge of CNA/HHA services and tasks.
2. Problem solving abilities.
3. Positive interpersonal communication skills.
4. Team and customer service oriented.
5. Basic computer skills required.
6. Completion of a minimum of seventy-five (75) hours of documented home health aide training.
a. Communication skills
b. Observation, reporting and documentation of patient status and care or service rendered.
c. Basic infection control procedures.
d. Basic elements of body functioning and changes in body function that must be reported to the RN or Supervisor.
e. Maintenance of clean, safe and healthy environment.
f. Emergencies and knowledge of emergency procedures.
g. Respect for the patient and their privacy and personal property.
h. Appropriate and safe techniques in personal hygiene and grooming including:
a. Bed bath.
b. Sponge, tub or shower bath.
c. Shampoo, sink tub or bed.
d. Nail and skin care.
e. Oral hygiene.
f. Toileting and elimination.
i. Safe transfer techniques and ambulation.
j. Passive range of motion and positioning.
k. Ability to record nutrition and fluid intake.
l. Other health-related topics or tasks pertinent to home health services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Successful completion of Home Health Aide certification with a minimum of 75 credit hours and has High School degree, GED or equivalent
• Successful completion of Certified Nursing Assistant course and Florida CNA license without a High School degree, GED or equivalent
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Six (6) months to twelve (12) months experience in a patient care facility
• One (1) year of experience in home health.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
• Maintains current Florida driver’s license
• Maintains automobile insurance or has reliable transportation.
Accountable for assisting the health professional by providing personal health care services and assistance with activities of daily living to the patient as specifically identified in a written assignment and necessary for the accomplishment of patient care plan goals. Assist patient with personal hygiene, assist with ambulation and transfers, prepare meals, laundry, light housekeeping, transports client using client vehicle, shops for groceries, ensures client safety as directed. Promote patients’ mental alertness, report changes in the patients’ condition to the Private Division Supervisor. Assist in providing a safe and healthful environment for patient care. Continued employment with the agency is contingent upon your ability to perform job duties as outlined in this job description.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Complex Problem Solving