To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Yankton, SD 57078
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
School Psychologist/Behavioral Specialist
Yankton School District • Yankton, SD
Posted 12 days ago
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Student Services, Building Principals
EVALUATED BY: Director of Student Services, Building Principals
QUALIFICATIONS: South Dakota state certification in school psychology, academic emphasis and/or work experience with behaviorally disordered children, emotionally disturbed children, functional behavioral assessments, and positive behavioral supports
WORKS WITH: Students, Administrators, Certified and Classified Staff, and Parents
JOB SUMMARY: Works with students, staff and parents to design positive behavioral supports and behavior plans which facilitate learning and teaching; conducts psychological and behavioral assessments in a team evaluation format under special education laws.
- Complies with all state laws, administrative rules and district policies, which affect education.
2. Observes students in a classroom setting to gain understanding of them while they interact in a classroom environment.
- Assists teachers, administrators, and parents in developing and implementing behavior plans for child success.
- Administers psychological and/or behavioral assessments to provide information about academic levels, cognitive potential, social and behavioral problems and needs, in accordance with special education policies and procedures.
- Interprets assessment results and reports the findings to families and district staff.
- Assists in identifying individual needs of students within the special education criteria, guidelines, and settings.
- Works with identified students who have severe behavior/emotional problems, and whose needs cannot be met through the general education program.
- Keeps abreast of new materials and methods which will allow him/her to enhance service delivery.
- Conducts therapeutic counseling with students.
- Provides appropriate in-service to school staff and students.
- Communicates school psychology services to the community.
- Acts as a resource for school personnel in the provision of a variety of services ranging from offering classroom management techniques, to assisting on projects which benefit the district as a whole.
- Participates in special education meetings.
- Participates in Teacher Assistance Teams upon request.
- Assists in the delivery of school psychology services.
- Conducts parent conferences as appropriate.
17. Participates upon request in the placement committee process.
- Assists the administration with crisis strategies to insure that the well being of district students and employees are maintained.
- Cooperates with various agencies of the community by providing information or professional testimony which relates to educational issues or students in general, but which is not in conflict with the code of ethics for professional psychologists.
- Practices all ethical and legal standards of the psychology profession.
- Performs other such duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools or Director of Student Services.