As a District Sales Manager, your main objective will be to develop and manage an independent dealer distribution network to facilitate and maximize the share and sales of products for the Company. This position will support the Central United States region. Candidates should currently reside in the eastern Wisconsin area to be support the territory.
Role & Responsibility
- Develop and manage the sales to dealers annually.
- Manage day-to-day interest, plans and goals of the Company in the territory to meet or exceed the needs of the customer.
- Develop and maintain a dealer organization capable of delivering quality experiences at all its operation levels to customers.
- Develop a relationship with the dealer organization embodying mutual trust and respect, enabling the district sales manager to be in a position to influence the course of action of the dealer to the mutual benefit of the Company and the dealer.
- Protect and manage the financial resources of the Company and our dealers.
- Communicate the needs of the customers and dealers to the appropriate department within the Company who are responsible for follow-up action.
- Attain market share goals through product sales. Market and sell all available products.
- Develop annual district market and dealer plans that maximize on the market potential and realization of these plans.
Dealer Communication and Accountability
- Hold quarterly Sales/Action Plan meetings with core dealers.
- Present market share data and competitive trends.
- Review sales data and dealer action plans quarterly with dealer principals.
- Display assertive implementation of Action Plan items.
- Conduct dealer training and promotion.
- Conduct/facilitate district sales training schools (new products and competitive).
- Ride with new sales specialists, orientating them to the Company and assist in securing retails.
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
- 2 - 5+ years of experience required.
- Commercial marketing experience, preferably with compact construction equipment.
- Territory management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and listening skills.
- Strong performer; highly driven.
- Ability to make sound, timely decisions.
- Self-motivated with strong time management skills and priority focus, due to home office arrangement.
- Travel required: 75%.
- Valid driver’s license with clean Department of Motor Vehicle driving record.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture, landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment, attachments and services. The company is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
Doosan Bobcat North America is home to world-renowned brands, including Bobcat® compact equipment, Doosan® portable power products, Ryan® and Steiner® grounds maintenance equipment and Geith® attachments. Doosan Bobcat North America is a tradename of Clark Equipment Company.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call
. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.
- Active Listening
- Business Administration
- Construction Plant Operation