We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, operates surface and down hole well logging equipment, and pressure control equipment on work locations for the purpose of recording information about sub-surface geologic formations.
- Functions as service expert for a particular well logging service (i.e., Tool pusher, Memory Production Logging, Memory Caliper Service, Selective Formation Testing).
- Typically operates as one-person crew.
- Obtains pertinent service work information from the customer and effectively utilizes information to perform a specific well logging operation.
- Performs pre-job calculations as required.
- Rigs-up and rigs- down surface and down-hole well logging equipment including electric, nuclear, sonic, other well logging tools, and pressure control equipment.
- Assembles and operates surface and down hole well logging equipment at job site.
- Operates Pressure control equipment.
- Maintains, cleans and performs preventative maintenance on down-hole and surface well logging equipment.
- Recognizes possible sales opportunities for the Company's other products and services and communicates information to Service Coordinator or appropriate Company staff.
- Communicates pre-job and on-the-job progress to customer.
- Communicates and negotiates with customer to resolve issues concerning invoicing service irregularities.
- Performs pre and post job vehicle and equipment inspections and associated paperwork and/or reports.
- May provide guidance and training to less experienced Service Operators and Operator Assistant staff. Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Consequences of error are easily measured and can be confined.
- Skills are typically acquired through successful completion of high school or similar education and 1 year of experience as a Service Operator-L&P, II. Licensure to drive commercial equipment may be required.
- Successful completion of Well Control Accreditation Program may be required (Optional).
- Successful completion of water survival training may be required.
- Given the nature of oil field service work, the ability to communicate effectively with others is necessary.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division is required.
- Basic reading comprehension and writing skills are required.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Must be knowledgeable on HMS standards and guidelines for PSL personnel.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) regulations and guidelines. Promotes and takes an active part in quality improvement processes.
- Work located in South Texas or East Texas/Louisiana.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3045 CR 401, Alvarado, Texas, 76009, United States
Requisition Number: 145579
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
- Nuclear Power
- Preventive Maintenance
- Quality Management