Tom James Company - Summer Sales Internship Opportunity
Summer 2023 Sales Internship Requirements
- Internship is 28 hours and will be completed Monday - Thursday, starting at 7:30 am each day.
- 9 weeks long and runs May 30th - July 28th, 2023
- Internship pay is Hourly plus Commission
- Candidates must be graduating by May 2024 and live, or have housing, in the area of the internship
- Candidates must have a desire for a career in sales in that same location upon graduation
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the US and not require sponsorship Visa status now or in the future.
The goal of the Internship program is to provide you with a real life glimpse into our full-time role of a Sales Professional and also to enable you to eventually complete the Tom James sales cycle process with a prospect from initial interaction through final delivery.
The primary areas of focus for our internships will be:
- No previous industry knowledge is required; just a desire to sell and succeed
- Prospect clients: utilize our prospecting platforms including Zoom Info & LinkedIn Sales Navigator to find and reach out to potential clients
- Direct/Indirect Referral Concepts: generate referrals through current and potential clients to create warmer leads
- Phone Skills & Dials: 250 dials/week, with a goal to set around 5 appointments/week
- Access to Technology including a Chromebook, prospecting platforms, communication platforms, and CRM
- Learn how to independently develop clientele
- Field knowledge: follow your mentor as they go on appointments, measure clients, and prospect directly in the field. Work with your mentor to sell people whom you've prospected and set appointments with.
Your first week is virtual, classroom training in the office that you were hired in. Additional training will continue on Mondays and Wednesdays throughout the remaining 7 weeks.
Tom James Company has more than 50 years of direct selling expertise in the custom clothing industry. We have grown from a single store to stores throughout 4 continents and more than $500 million in sales.
Our sales force consists of highly motivated, service and sales minded professionals that strive for growth and leadership. By finding and developing long-term, loyal customers, our people build lifestyles to support their personal and professional goals. Our customers are highly successful, busy professionals who demand convenience, quality and excellent service in which we deliver to them.
We provide the training, opportunity and product to build a significant income through sales and leadership while establishing a strong net worth through our employee ownership and 401(k)/profit sharing programs.
We are vertically integrated which allows our Sales Professionals opportunities to grow their net worth and expand their careers.
- Customer Relationship Management
- Telephone Skills