Bus. Operations Analyst T&O
Accountable to support small- to medium-sized projects, focusing on up to a six-month time horizon. Accountable to liaise with business and technical stakeholders to gather, analyze, validate and communicate requirements for changes to processes, policies, information and information systems. In collaboration with business and Information Technology (IT) project teams, accountable to collect, clarify and translate business requirements into conceptual design and documentation from which solutions are developed.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
A. Change Management
• Assist in the identification of change impact (current state vis a vis new state) through requirements gathering, mapping and documenting current and proposed processes.
• Document formal change request(s), as required, to capture changes in project scope, for approval, as per guidelines.
• Understand and interpret business and systems problems and opportunities in the context of requirements and recommend solution(s) that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
• Review and document the translation of business needs into requirements to determine project team activities, resources and deliverables necessary to meet business objectives.
• Participate in investigations, interviews and formal/ informal requirements gathering sessions to understand stakeholder needs.
• Investigate systems-related problems/ inquiries, and recommend and coordinate solutions to address such issues.
• Participate in user acceptance testing (UAT) to ensure output meets the requirements of the business.
• Support the implementation of new or modified processes or programs to facilitate the achievement of intended results.
• Participate in post-implementation activities such as pending budgets, post-implementation reviews.
• Provide content for job aids, release notes, and other user manuals.
• Manage changes to system control tables and user profiles in accordance with defined procedures and approval authorities
B. Product & Process
• Define and/or redefine business needs for new and/or enhanced products, services and optimized processes under the direction of more senior team members or the manager in order to meet business objectives.
• Identify and document functional and data requirements.
• Adhere to Requirements Management Process, practices and deliverables to support organizational standards and ensure consistency of deliverables.
• Enforce adherence to Information Security policies relating to maintenance of logical user access to systems.
C. Business Performance Management
• Understand and follow a requirements management plan specific to the project so that project team activities and milestones can be measured against the goals of the plan to determine project progress.
• Support the delivery of exceptional customer service that builds trust through responsive, accurate, consistent, knowledgeable and available services and support.
• Align individual performance goals to team and organizational goals.
• Demonstrate behaviors that are consistent with “Our Way” model
D. Risk & Control
• Understand and adhere to Information Security policies relating administrative access to application systems.
• Identify potential risk situations/ impacts, and make recommendations or escalate to the manager and/or senior members of the team, as per guidelines.
• Provide information for regulatory reporting and audit queries.
• Ensure all appropriate authorizations/ approvals are obtained in accordance with policies and controls.
• Ensure adherence to all aspects of First Principles, Our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Corporate Policy, as well as all applicable legislation, regulatory rules and requirements, and Bank standards, policies and procedures (P&Ps) for such things as potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of customer information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy and disclosure of outside business activities.
• Ensure strict confidentiality is maintained for both customer and Bank information to protect the customer and the Bank and to ensure compliance with Bank P&Ps.
• Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence in accordance with Bank policy for the prevention of loss due to unauthorized access to customer information, fraud or defalcation.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• University degree/college diploma or equivalent work experience
• 3 to 5 years of business analysis experience, i.e., Loan IQ administration and production support, Loan Servicing Analyst experience, and participation in change management initiatives.
• Strong knowledge of Corporate and Commercial Lending Operations systems and applications: Loan IQ, APMS, Livelink, CPARS.
• Good knowledge of standard desktop applications used by Corporate and Commercial Lending Operations (MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Knowledge of testing strategies, test plans and execution
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Corporate and Commercial Lending key products, services, processes and controls
• Strong understanding of Corporate and Commercial Lending Operations risks and controls
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to conduct root cause analysis on system, process or production problems and ability to provide viable solutions
• Strong collaboration skills, with ability to work effectively with Product Operations teams and liaise with technology groups to ensure production support issues are resolved
• Strong computer literacy, with ability to leverage technology
• Strong prioritization skills
• Strong organization skills
• Strong customer service and relationship management skills
• Good facilitation skills
• Strong writing and documentation skills
• Strong oral communication skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178