Smithfield Foods is a $15 billion global food company and the world's largest pork processor and hog producer. In the United States, the company is also the leader in numerous packaged meats categories with popular brands including Smithfield, Eckrich ®, Nathan's Famous ®, Farmland ®, Armour ®, Farmer John ®, Kretschmar ®, John Morrell ®, Cook's ®, Gwaltney ®, Carando ®, Margherita ®, Curly's ®, Healthy Ones ®, Morliny ®, Krakus ® and Berlinki ®. Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental and food safety and quality programs.
The Associate Compensation Generalist assists with providing support related to compensation requirements, including position descriptions and evaluations, FLSA testing, salary administration and conducting compensation analyses.Core Responsibilities
- Completes and maintains salary survey data by compiling, organizing, and submitting data on a timely basis. Coordinates data for market analysis to ensure up to date market information for management to perform annual reviews and frequent pricing of jobs.
- Evaluates the organizations jobs, documenting responsibilities and requirements in job descriptions. Responds to inquiries and issues involving compensation, market competitiveness, job leveling, and job description maintenance and development. Ensures compliance with FLSA.
- Assists with KPI tracking, calculations and forecasting of all incentive plans including annual incentives and sales incentive compensation.
- Coordinates the collection of all financial and sales data from Accounting department to calculate incentives and communicates forecasts to Accounting for accruals.
- Assists in the preparation of communication materials.
- Participates in annual salary administration programs, including salary structure creation and maintenance and development of incentive or salary increase budgets. Participates in administration of annual performance management, incentive, or salary increase programs.
- Assists with the management of the annual merit increase process; to include the annual performance review cycle and gathering and approval of all merit increases for the fiscal year. Works with HRIS and Payroll to plan the process and ensure it runs smoothly and efficiently without errors.
- Responsible for company-wide unemployment claims management and oversight.
- Projects as needed including acquisition integration, organization re-structuring, system installation, report analysis, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university, required.
- Prior human resources experience, preferred.
- Current PHR, SHRM-CP or CCP certification (or willingness to obtain) is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills including expertise in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and HRIS.
- Demonstrated maturity in dealing with all levels of employees and the ability to maintain confidentiality of all employee information.
- Ability to multi-task, plan, prioritize, and set goals.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with both internal and external vendors and customers.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.