To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL 35203
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Kforce Technology • Birmingham, AL
Posted 1 month ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Data Scientist in Birmingham, Alabama (AL). Summary: The Data Scientist works with multiple teams of data scientists, analysts and visualization experts mentoring junior data scientist as well as contributing independently to solve high complexity business problems. The ideal candidate has leadership, project management as well as depth of knowledge in quantitative analytic methods, data management, visualization, and programming skills suitable to drive data driven decisions. This position researches, models, implements and validates algorithms (predictive and prescriptive) to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes. Primary Responsibilities:
- Mentors and guides junior data scientists
- Plans and manages multiple concurrent projects
- Carefully evaluates complex business problems and reviews many possible solutions that leverage data science before providing a solution
- Works with large, structured, and un-structured datasets
- Uses quantitative and analytical techniques to accelerate profitable growth and customer engagement - unlocking value across all functional areas of business
- Uses Big Data tools (Hadoop, Spark, H2O, CDSW, Domino Labs, etc.) to build data analytics solutions
- Builds machine learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI) models from development through testing and validation
- Designs rich data visualizations to communicate complex ideas to business leaders and executives
- Draws insights from data to make quick, well informed decisions with available information
- Demonstrates ability to continuously learn and provide value in a dynamic environment
- Bachelor's degree with eight (8) years of experience or Master's degree with five (5) years of experience or Ph.D. with two (2) years of experience in a quantitative/analytical/STEM field
- Three (3) years of working experience in Machine Learning