Organization Vibra + Ernest
Laredo Specialty Hospital is seeking Nurse Practitioners to join our team!
The Nurse Practitioner provides provide diagnosis, treatment, consultation, and follow up care of patients under the direct supervision of a physician. Integrates the hospital’s mission and “Guiding Principles” into daily practice.
- Analyze and interpret patient’s histories, physical findings, symptoms, or diagnostic information.
- Diagnose or treat acute health problems such as injuries, infections and illnesses.
- Develop treatment plans on the basis of standards of care and professional practice guidelines.
- Order, interpret and perform results of diagnostic tests.
- Prescribe medication routes, dosages and frequencies.
- Provides an environment conducive to safety for patients, visitors, and staff. Assess the risks for safety and implements appropriate precautions. Complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
- Helps identify problems and potential risks and contributes to corrective action plans. Notifies proper personnel of real or potential problems with patient issues and quality and/or appropriateness of care.
- Identifies patient and family learning needs. Teaches patient and families using effective teaching methods and documents accordingly.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support overall effectiveness of the department.
Successful completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner program required. Bachelor of Science in Nurse Practitioner program preferred.
Current state license as a Registered Nurse required.
Current CPR Certification required.
One (1) year recent experience preferred. Acute care setting preferred.
ACLS certification preferred in LTACH and Texas hospitals.
Additional Qualifications/Skills :
Knowledge of and adherence to current nursing theory and practice, infection control, and wound care standards of practice.
Knowledge of accreditation standards to ensure adherence to all standards set forth by state and accrediting agencies of TJC and CMS.
Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures, and utilizes proper policies, procedures, and guidelines in caring for patients.
Demonstrates critical thinking skills.
Demonstrates general computer skills including: data entry, word processing, email, and record management.
Effective organizational and time management skills.
Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to maintain proper levels of confidentiality.
Ability to work closely and professionally with others.
Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
Our recruitment team wants to get to know you. Share your passion! Please complete our online application and submit your resume for immediate consideration.
If selected, our interview process includes phone interviews, in person interviews, and several vetting tools.
Thank you for taking the time to consider a career opportunity with our hospital.
Intensive Care Unit
Licensed Practical Nurse