Required Security Clearance:
Potential for Teleworking:
DoD 8570 IAT Requirement:
IAT II (Security+, CySA+, CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP)
DoD 8570 IAM Requirement:
DoD 8570 IASAE Requirement:
DoD CSSP Requirement:
Seeking motivated technical professionals who specialize in providing Enterprise Infoblox DDI and related services to Government Agency’s internal and external partners and clients with a focus on stability and performance. The Senior DDI Engineer/administrator would require at least 8 to 10 years of directly related experience supporting DDI operations and engineering. The position holder will be primarily focused on performing engineering, analytical, investigative and operational functions on Agency DDI environment; activities include engineering , operation and maintenance of DDI platforms, monitoring, alerting, availability, and recovery.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Investigation and diagnosis of incidents and problems relating to DD I (Infoblox DNS, DHCP, IPAM) and related services.
- Ensure the platforms and services are managed and maintained.
- Help Identify and manage risks within the DDI platform.
- Working with the Government lead and other service areas’ Architecture, Engineering & Operations leads and technical specialists, as well as professional services staff from vendors to implement the plan to deliver a strategic DDI platform and migrate all in-scope services from existing platforms.
- Ensure that system improvements and changes are implemented and monitor effects of modifications.
- Define the capacity and performance standards, metrics and thresholds and help build the instrumentation to effectively manage the environment.
- Core DDI Config & Admin (CCDA) certified or within the task 6 months of hire date
- Extensive and recent experience of DNS in a large enterprise (Configuration and Management)
- In-depth knowledge of DNS, NTP, IPAM, BIND, and DHCP.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving, and the ability to, and the ability to debug complex-cross systems problems, and document root cause including remediation and detection
- Demonstrates knowledge of a broad range of technology towers i.e.: Storage, Virtualization, Intel, Networking, Data Center Migration and Disaster Recovery
- Knowledge of risk and controls landscape, ensuring company-wide standards are met
- Participate in change and incident management
- Desired - experience with Microsoft DNS, Dyn, VMWare Automation products (vRO, vRA)
- Hands on experience with Python and APIs
- Self-driven with the ability to manage workload without direct supervision
- Anticipating potential problems and acting to minimize the impact they may have on the project or unit
- Ability to collaborate with different technology towers to achieve common goals
- Ability to manage multiple stands of work simultaneously.
- Executes within a customer-centric environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 8570 IAT II Certification
- Analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities.
- Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
- Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations.
- Develop system architecture and system design documentation.
- Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
- Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
- Responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility.
- Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
Skills and Tasks
- Exceptionally Complex, Inter-Discipline, Inter-Organizational.
- Can perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and/or managers not performed at Level 3 due to the size and/or complexity of the tasks.
- May work individually or as a key member of a senior leadership team.
- Oversees and monitors performance across several disciplines, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
- Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers.
- Directs multiple contractor and subcontractors teams through project completion.
Training and Certifications
- DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order.
- Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required and IT environment specified within the task order.
Capabilities and Additional Requirements
- Responsible for managing very complex and/or high risk programs, and shall not serve in any other capability.
- Supervise assigned technical staff, including subordinate managers.
- Establish state-of-the-art techniques for designing, developing, modifying and troubleshooting highly complex computer operating hardware system.
- Design operating/hardware systems; formulate system concepts and architecture, specific requirements, and develop implementation approaches. Identify and direct resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues; subject matter expert on emerging technologies; direct the development of systems specifications and technical documentation.
- Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
- Conduct and/or approve end-to-end system trade analyses to optimize system operations over its life-cycle through the proper balance of non-functional system performance areas.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma + 12 years
- Associate's Degree + 10 years
- Bachelor's Degree + 8 years
- Master's Degree + 6 years
- PhD + 4 years