To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Basile, LA 70515
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company) • Basile, LA
Posted 1 month ago
Facility: SOUTH LOUISIANA ICE PROCESSING CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating internal and external training programs for correctional and administrative staff designed to achieve specific contract and organizational learning objectives through classroom, practical application and supervised on-the-job training programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies facility training needs and develops an annual training plan. Designs, develops or acquires training programs to be implemented within the facility.
- May develop curriculum plan to meet the needs of the client.
- Supports immediate and long-range facility and organizational goals and objectives by investigating and evaluating existing training programs and developing or acquiring new programs and ensuring their successful implementation. Provides quantitative support for any new training programs.
- Works directly with management in the development of new employee orientation, pre-service, on-the job, in-service specialized, contractor and volunteer training. Seeks to continually enhance and improve existing training programs.
- Administers programs by coordinating and instructing (or obtaining the instruction) for all training courses for correctional and non-correctional personnel including contractors and volunteers. Interacts with users in the direct application of training materials.
- Provides or facilitates unit orientation classes for volunteers, contractors or other personnel who are not employees of the facility.
- Manages the work flow and provides trainers with supplemental or support instruction.
- Documents employee training hours, reviews training records of security and non-security staff inclusive of contractors and volunteers. Verifies that all certifications are current. Advises employees of recertification deadlines, working with employees to ensure certification remains current to client agency requirements.
- Makes recommendations to management when new employees are not appearing to meet the standard requirements of the facility.
- May maintain or oversee the maintenance of training records and monitors the progress and performance of those involved in the training programs. Ensures that all employees, volunteers and contractors attend training sessions based on contractual or organizational policies.
- May manage the work of other employees. This may include selection, hiring, evaluating job performance, training, promoting and discipline.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required. Bachelor’s degree in training, organizational development, communication or related field highly desired.
- Five (5) years progressive work experience in the field of corrections or law enforcement required including a minimum of one (1) year of correctional facility experience to provide effective training implementation and administration. Five (5) years of comparable professional training experience may be substituted for corrections or law enforcement requirement at management’s discretion.
- Certification as training instructor from a national or state recognized organization such as the National Institute of Corrections within 180 days of appointment to the position.
- Must meet or exceed all standards and qualifications required by contracting agency for Training Officers.
- Ability to act in a supervisory capacity and maintain close contact with all aspects of the training program and personnel. Must be able to motivate employees to strive for professionalism in the work place.
- Must possess above average written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to develop written training lesson plans and proposals and verbally present them to diverse audience.
- Must be current with all organizational and contractual policies, regulations, updates and alterations that require incorporation into training courses.
- Must be able to use computer and the software application packages used by the facility.