Want to be part of a professional, caring team focused on making a difference in communities around the world? Headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, SPX Cooling Tech is an innovative manufacturer of commercial HVAC and industrial cooling systems for hospitals, data centers, oil and gas refineries, power plants and process cooling facilities around the globe. Companies rely on SPX Cooling Tech's Marley, Recold and SGS brands to provide comfort, mission critical and industrial cooling solutions.
New hires at SPX Cooling Tech enjoy a supportive work environment with benefits that begin on the first day of work, including mentorship and tuition assistance, a competitive compensation and bonus plan, flexible health plan, 401(k) match, and opportunities for career advancement.
When it began as the Marley Company more than 100 years ago, SPX Cooling Tech was the first cooling tower manufacturer to pioneer cooling solutions for large industrial applications. Since then, we have worked together as a company to provide innovative solutions for iconic buildings and essential infrastructure all around. Now, SPX Cooling Tech and its brands are active in more than 80 countries, and rapidly growing organically and through acquisitions as part of SPX Tech.
With its people-centric culture, SPX Cooling Tech prides itself on attracting top talent to the industry. Apply to work with our ever-growing team and help us keep the world cool!
This position's primary purpose is to provide human resources support for salaried employees in the Cooling Americas organization. This position is responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring a variety of human resource programs. For the assigned employee groups, this role is responsible for HR initiatives related to compensation and benefits, recruitment, performance management, training, organization development, and employee relations. This position anticipates and plans for long-term HR needs and trends in partnership with business management. Success in this role requires outstanding communication skills and strong capabilities in problem solving and continuous improvement. The successful incumbent maintains a good working relationship with employees and provides timely and accurate responses to employees' questions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Manage human resources activities for assigned employee groups
* Lead new hire orientations and onboarding
* Actively manage employee relations issues
* Partner with managers and recruiters to hire talent
* Ensure compliance with HIPAA, FLSA, EEO and other labor laws
* Review, update, and implement employee policies
* Actively manage employee engagement including leading and coordinating employee events and surveys
* Partner with supervisors and managers to coach and develop talent
* Obtain market information and benchmark assigned sites with an effort to ensure competitive HR programs and processes
* Bachelor's degree required, preferably in human resources, industrial or labor relations, business administration, or another related field
* 7+ years of human resources or customer service experience required
* Manufacturing industry experience preferred
Certifications / Other Skills and Abilities
* Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Experience working with an HRIS system
* Knowledge of HR laws (e.g. FMLA, FLSA, HIPAA, etc.) required
* PHR or SPHR certification helpful
* Analytical skills
* Communication including presentation skills
* Strong capabilities in problem solving
* Strong knowledge of current human resources and labor relations trends and resources
Thank you for your interest in our company.
SPX is a diversified, global supplier of infrastructure equipment with scalable growth platforms in heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), detection and measurement, and engineered solutions. With operations in 17 countries and approximately $1.4 billion in annual revenue, we offer a wide array of highly engineered products with strong brands.
SPX TOTAL REWARDS
At SPX , what's in it for our employees transcends market-competitive compensation and benefits. Our Total Rewards program also includes opportunities for employees' personal development, career growth, and recognition. These programs focus on alignment and assessment of organizational, team, and individual efforts toward achieving business results. Our development and career growth programs empower our employees to enhance their skills, develop new competencies, and pursue career goals. SPX benefits package provides choices designed to help employees manage their well-being. Our compensation programs are performance-based to recognize and reward employees who work hard, display the values and leadership practices we embrace, and deliver exceptional results.
At SPX, our values are at the heart of everything we do. We use our values every day to help us make the right decisions. We embrace a common purpose and strive for improvement. We respect and value each other as individuals and recognizethat only by working together, as a team, can we reach our full potential. We take responsibility for our actions, build strong relationships with each other and our customers, and always act ethically. Our values inspire us to achieve the high standards of quality, safety, and performance that our customers expect and deserve.
WORKING AT SPX
Our work environment is established on a work-life philosophy supported by policies, programs, and practices that help employees achieve success within and outside the workplace.We believe in creating an inclusive work environment where employees strive to realize their fullest potential. We are an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer committed to making selection decisions without regard to race, color, religion,sex, sexual orientation, national origin,gender identity, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected basis.
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching And Mentoring