MV Transportation is seeking a Reservationist to accept trip reservations from eligible passengers, collecting all necessary data required to schedule trips accordingly.
- Answer passenger calls collecting all necessary trip information for the permissible time period.
- Provide system information for current and new passengers as well as for potential passengers on accessing the transportation service and using it effectively.
- Complete data entry of passenger file information and for specific trip requests, negotiating requested times where necessary or appropriate.
- Provide feedback to passengers in the way of follow-up calls as a course of duty or as required by schedule changes.
- Communicate passenger cancellations in a timely manner to scheduling, dispatch, or vehicle operations personnel.
- Maintain up to date passenger records in customer database, making all necessary changes in status, client contact information, fare/rider type or other important field entries.
- Maintain a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to self or other employees.
- Maintain accurate records and appropriate filing systems.
- Communicate effectively with operations staff regarding scheduling or passenger issues.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks accurately and effectively.
- Excellent customer service.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Reliable in attendance.
- Team player and helpful to staff, management, and peers.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in paratransit scheduling utilizing Trapeze PASS, preferred.
- Possess excellent decision-making skills.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Telephone speaking and/or call center experience.
- Computer experience.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: RESER82997
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
For more than 35 years, MV Transportation, Inc. and all subsidiaries, joint ventures, partnerships and affiliates, (or “MV”) has provided safe, reliable and affordable passenger transportation services to cities, counties, municipalities, and other jurisdictional entities, as well as for private corporations, non-profit agencies, and community organizations.
View the full profile
MV was founded as a paratransit company by Alex and Feysan Lodde in the San Francisco Bay Area in 1975. The Loddes served as the company’s first vehicle operators, dispatchers and managers in their efforts to improve the lives of those most in need in their community by providing transportation services to the elderly and disabled. Nearly two decades later, the company has grown into a the largest private provider of paratransit services and the largest privately-owned passenger transportation contracting firm based in the United States. MV holds the longest tenure of consistent ownership of any of its competitors - the Lodde’s remain owners of the company and are members of the Board of Directors.
The company grew from its paratransit roots, providing multimode passenger transportation services across North America and currently expanding internationally. The company’s rapid growth is a clear indication of its commitment to its more than 16,000 employees, its commitment to quality and its progressive approach toward passenger transportation.
With our corporate headquarters based in Dallas, Texas and satellite support centers located in Fairfield, CA and Elk Horn, IA, MV operates more than 200 transportation contracts across North America. In addition to operations in 29 of the United States, MV operates service in Washington D.C., two Canadian Provinces and Saudi Arabia.