The Extraction Technician will be responsible for assisting in product processing and formulation. The Extraction Technician completes tasks assigned by the Extraction Manager to monitor and maintain the organization, cleanliness and efficiency of production areas as well as to maintain quality control measures. This position is responsible for assisting with lab production, which includes but is not limited to distillation, extraction, winterization, production of cannabis infused products, compliance requirements, and workplace safety.
- Familiarity with basic scientific principles and laboratory experience. Must be able to follow written directions and maintain a laboratory notebook.
- Must follow all applicable policies, procedures and guidelines. This includes the safe and proper operation of any/all applicable machinery, instrumentation, and equipment.
- Operate laboratory instruments, make observations, calculate and record results.
- Understand and meet daily goals.
- Work as part of a team to meet production schedules.
- Employee may also be responsible for monitoring production lines and collecting samples for analysis.
- Follow SOP and standard analytical procedures to meet Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices compliance.
- Records data in lab notebooks, computer databases, and test reports.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written, with co-workers and management.
- Practice good housekeeping habits throughout the facility with focus and personal contributions towards a clean and organized assigned work area at the end of the assigned shift.
- Capable of working with hazardous chemicals and is able to identify and report unsafe equipment, conditions and practices so that they may be corrected prior to an incident.
- Flexibility and the ability to shift work schedule according to production needs.
- Must pass any and all required pre-employment screenings.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be approved to receive an Agent badge.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Physical demands – May be required to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (200 pounds with assistance)
- Associate or 4-year degree preferred, with relevant college courses in biology, chemistry, or physics .
- Prior Laboratory experience.
- Prior Cannabis Lab / Manufacturing experience
At SKYMINT, we have one mission and one mission only: to change people's lives for the better.
Change your life. Change the world.
Personal change. Social change. Political change. We want it all, and we’re committed to being trailblazers in the cannabis industry. By creating, developing, distributing, and selling the best cannabis products on the market, and by giving back to support positive change in our communities, we believe we cannot only change our customers’ lives for the better; we believe we can change the world.
At Skymint, we believe access to the best cannabis plants can help you live your best life. So, we grow them right here in Michigan, giving farm-to-stash freshness at the best value around.
We treat our teams like the modern-day cannabis sommeliers they are, giving them the resources, they need to create life-changing experiences for all. Why? Because we’ve seen what happens when happy people make happy plants. We hope you’ll want to be a part of this team!
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off
Equal opportunity employer
As an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we are committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other federally, state and/or locally protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of a background check, a possible job-related drug test (excluding cannabis), and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.