Independence Excavating is looking to add a Project Engineer to our Sterling, VA location that will take charge of streamlining the planning and coordination of project initiatives while maintaining budgets, compliance regulations and scheduling.
What do we believe in?
Provide a safe, family-oriented environment. Commitment to integrity. Protect our most valuable assets.
Always deliver the highest quality. Find solutions. Provide value to our partners.
Positively impact the communities we serve. Give back. Leave the world a better place than we found it.
A typical day looks like:
- Reading, understanding and interpreting drawings and specifications
- Soliciting quotes from subcontractors and suppliers
- Reviewing estimated productions with Superintendents to finalize the bid
- Preparing a detailed schedule and maintain
- Assembling job cost codes for projects and regularly update
- Preparing the detail needed for the Project Manager to submit pay estimates to Owners
- Monitoring production, resource utilization and overall job cost vs. estimated cost to maintain profit margin on projects
- Monitoring and checking the progress of project close-out activities such as punch list coordination, furnishing as-built drawings, providing O & M manuals, and compiling final estimate/retainer billing
- Other tasks as needed
Do you have what it takes?
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required and Associates or Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred
- 3-4 years of previous related experience is required
- Must have strong organizational skills in order to handle the variety of tasks assigned
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally with employees, external vendors, owners and general contractors
- Demonstrated ability to manage budget, schedule, people, and quality of work at multiple construction sites
- Must be competent to perform complete and accurate project take-offs and estimates
- Excellent Benefits:
- FSA & HSA
- Life Insurance + Optional Family Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Paid Holidays and PTO
- 401(k) + Company match
- Paid corporate training program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Stability and a variety of different roles that provide a path to career advancement
- Family-owned and operated since 1956
Who is IX?
From breaking ground to the finished project, our team has been laying the groundwork for excellence on heavy civil construction and demolition projects for over 65 years. We combine innovations of industry with decades of successfully completed projects, proving we are a value-added partner from the ground up! Over six decades, Independence Excavating has established a team of construction professionals that sets us apart from other contractors. To learn more, visit our website: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Project Engineer (Independence Excavating)
Independence Excavating, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value workplace diversity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
- Assembly And Installation
- Subcontractors Relationship Management