What You Will Do:I. General Summary
Reports directly to the UMMC Vice President, Patient Experience and the Midtown Chief Nursing Officer (CNO). The Director for the Patient Experience is responsible for:
II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
- Overseeing the implementation and execution of UMMC’s Midtown campus (MTC) patient experience program. Engages the passion of employees, physicians and patients to ensure that care is consistently patient-centered and exceeds the expectations of patients and families.
- Identifies internal and external best practices for the patient experience and promotes and disseminates these for the patient experience within UMMC MTC; provides education, resources, benchmarking and data analytics on the patient experience; and collaborates with a variety of UMMC departments across both campuses to ensure the delivery of patient-centered care.
- Supports and leverages patient and family advisory councils to ensure the voice of the customer is represented in UMMC MTC operations and improvement efforts.
- Leads visitor events that relate to the patient experience.
- Provides leadership for the direction, mentoring, and coaching of managers, department heads, and staff members to positively influence the patient experience.
- Leads the MTC Office of The Patient Experience, My Team Cares initiatives, Patient Advocates, Family Care Liaisons.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
Patient Experience Leadership: Working with VP, Patient Experience (PX), establishes goals, improvement strategies, tactics and metrics. The Director for the Patient Experience collaborates with staff members, senior leadership members, physicians, patients, and family members to develop and execute the strategy for patient-centered care at the UMMC, Midtown Campus.What You Need to Be Successful:II. Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Service, Nursing, Public Health Administration, Business or Public Administration, or a related area of study is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively professional leadership experience, involving service and budgetary accountability is required.
- Experience in an academically affiliated health care facility is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Coaching And Mentoring
Benchmarking (Project Management)