To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Edison, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Polymer Sales Account Manager
LyondellBasell • Edison, NJ
Posted 6 days ago
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
A Sales Account Manager with 5-10 years' experience with proven effectiveness in Polyolefin (PE and or PP) or Chemical Sales to represent LyondellBasell at customers in assigned territory. The Account Manager will plan and direct all activity for Polyethylene and Polypropylene resin sales for both established and prospective accounts. The position will reside in NJ, PA, CT or NY (with proximity to NYC) and have an office in their home residence. Success in this role will allow opportunities for increased account responsibilities and advancement in North America. This position reports to the Ass. Dir., Polymer Sales, Eastern Region. Relocation assistance available for selected candidate.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To promote and sell company Polyolefin products by interacting with established customers and new prospects.
- Excellent knowledge of the Polyethylene (PE) and or Polypropylene (PP) and their application to specific customer needs and requirements.
- Commercial Acumen: Quote prices, terms of sales and manage any needed contracting actions for the customers in line with stated business/sales strategies.
- Establish lasting relationships with appropriate customer contacts and managed through regular personal visits, phone contact, written correspondence and entertainment events.
- Team player: collaborates and coordinates sales activities with Marketing, Supply Chain, Operations Planning, Pricing, Manufacturing, Optimization, and other functional areas to develop information to make recommendations and decisions.
- Prepare pre-call planning for customer visits, including the preparation of an agenda, slide presentations or other support materials needed to support the call objective.
- Utilize and become proficient in sales software (Microsoft: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. along with SalesForce.com) to provide customer forecasts, adjust pricing, monitor territory volume performance, and participate in order management.
- Consistently meet sales volume plans, targets and margin expectations while managing overall performance consistent with company sales metrics.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in the Chemicals industry.
- 2 years minimum experience to large buyer clients as lead negotiator in closing significant dollar-level contracts.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Must be willing to work and travel early/after-hours as needed to complete position requirements.
- Outside Sales - Works independently and away from home for multiple days in a given week.
- Self-Motivated - Driven to operate and function independently at a high level.
- Develops relationships across LYB organization for purpose of facilitating personal improvement and best practices.
- Customer Interaction - Organize and set up meetings, entertainment, meals and events as needed with all appropriate levels of customer personnel.
- Excellent Phone Presentation skills- Works independently to identify and close new leads.
- Consistency - Ability to sustain a high level of energy and performance while dealing well with uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Capable of making sound decisions when standards or policies do not exist;
- Having agility to quickly adapt to process, structural, and organizational changes.
- Professionalism - Ability to present oneself in an appropriate manner while representing the company.
- Time Management - Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and activities effectively and efficiently.
- Proactively seeks understanding of business processes and how they interrelate for success.
- Business Acumen - Ability to perform a value-assessment (cost or margin analysis) on new opportunities and drive action items to capture value and growth in a competitive marketplace.
- Degree in Sciences or Business preferred.
- Industry experience in Polymers preferred.
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey