To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1480 Castle Hayne Road
Wilmington, NC 28401
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Maintenance Manager
First Transit • Wilmington, NC
Posted 27 days ago
Assistant Maintenance Manager
Become a part of our First Transit team as an Assistant Maintenance Manager and assist with overseeing the maintenance and repairs of buses and other vehicles to First Transit and Wave Transit contract requirements. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
At First Transit, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- Excellent benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Assistant Maintenance Manager responsibilities:
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in troubleshooting problems with equipment. Communicates availability of vehicles for service with dispatch and other operations personnel.
- In coordination with the maintenance manager, is responsible for training and employee development; planning and directing the work; disciplining; handling employee complaints or grievances; and handling performance reviews
- Reviews repair orders. May order fuel for vehicles, order parts, and subcontract repair work.
- Ensures that maintenance technicians are trained on current operating procedures, are properly equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
- Supervises bus fueling. May arrange services for building and ground keeping.
- Completes special projects as assigned. Required to perform hands-on work activities.
Assistant Maintenance Manager requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Technical school training preferred
- Valid driver’s license; Willing to obtain CDL B with A & P endorsements
- 3+ years of hands-on mechanical supervisory experience
- Previous experience maintaining auto or diesel vehicles required
- May require lifting up to 50 lbs
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer