Mechanical Assembler’s in Hamel, MN | $24.54/Hour
Our Mechanical Assembler’s workweek is Monday to Friday with hours starting at 7:00 am until 4:00 pm. This job is a Skilled Industrial type position that that pays $24.54/Hour and is a Temp-to-hire opportunity.
Mechanical Assembler Duties and Responsibilities –
- This is an introductory manufacturing assembly position, working with consistent oversight by higher classified hourly employees or supervisors, and is expected to work as a team member with other assembly related activities on large railroad maintenance equipment.
- This role utilizes a variety of technical competencies with primary focus in mechanical.
- Incumbents will have a higher level of competence in mechanical, but able to learn skills in other disciplines, in order to efficiently perform essential functions in that specific technical area.
- Incumbents are expected to perform work assignments in other disciplines at any time, based on the needs of the business.
- Understands and applies shop rules, proper safety and PPE at all times and references MSDS to remain safe
- Understands proper use and care of required tools
- Understands and can interpret basic engineering prints
- Understands basic addition and fraction conversions
- Understands metal working fundamentals and proper tool use, including operating drills, bending, cutting and knowledge of materials and threading
- Understands desired surface finish after deburring and grinding process
- Demonstrates proper and safe, use and technique of torque procedures
- Demonstrates safe and correct use of all metal working and fabrication tools
- Demonstrates safe operation of overhead cranes and forklift utilized to lift parts while avoiding damage to parts
- Demonstrates the ability to identify AAR and company machine components
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and properly use SAE and metric hardware, coarse and fine thread, grades and plating
- Demonstrates the ability to configure, use and troubleshoot oxygen and acetylene use.
- Demonstrates an understanding of metal types, properties, characteristics, and requirements for cutting and welding
- Work Standards
- Takes Direction & Effectively Executes
- Safety Awareness
- Values Based Leadership
- Technical Learning
- Action Oriented
Mechanical Assembler Requirements and Qualifications –
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- 6 Months+ Manufacturing assembly experience – could be a combination of education and experience in fluid, welding, electrical or electronics, mechanical disciplines
- High School diploma or GED required
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts
- Effectively communicate and understand job instructions in the English language
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. when required
How to Apply for Award Staffing’s Mechanical Assembler’s in Hamel, MN
We at Award Staffing are excited to speak with you about this fantastic opportunity to build your future! You can apply at www.awardstaffing.com or you can connect with our Skilled Industrial team at
. Otherwise, you can email your resume to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Mechanical Assembler’s in Hamel, MN | $24.54/Hour
, using Mechanical Assembler as your subject line. Our recruiters in Skilled Industrial can’t wait to hear from you!
How You Can Interview
Don’t have time to come to our office for an interview? We have you covered! We can schedule an immediate interview for you virtually using Zoom right from your phone or computer. We want to make the application process as convenient and safe as possible for you!
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, please contact us to ask for an accommodation, or an alternative application process.
Per Minnesota Health Department Regulations, masks must be worn in all Award Staffing locations and we have application and interview stations that support appropriate social distancing guidelines.
Why Award Staffing
Award Staffing is a 5-time winner of the Minneapolis Star Tribune’s Top 150 Workplaces in Minnesota. We are proud of our 33 years in business as one of the top staffing agencies in Minnesota. We have offices in Bloomington, Chaska, Crystal, Delano, Maplewood and Ramsey.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. Award Staffing, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace/EEO Employer M/F/Veteran/Disability.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Mechanical Assembler, Location: Hamel, MN - 55340
- Assembly And Installation
- Data Collection
- Drilling Operations