The General is seeking a Fast Track Adjuster to join our company.
We are one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the insurance industry to work for today. We’re proud to say we’ve been in the insurance business for over 50 years.
Because of our rapid rate of expansion, we’re looking for the best talent to help The General® bring quality insurance to people across the country. Ask any of our employees and they’ll tell you that life at The General® is a challenging, fast-paced, exciting experience that offers a competitive total rewards package, healthy work/life balance and an exciting working environment.
You’ll gain crucial insights from your potential coworkers who bring different backgrounds and professional experiences to The General®. You’ll also find there are plenty of opportunities for advancement in the ranks – if you’ve got the ambition. (Just don’t try and achieve the rank of General –there’s only one of him!) The work culture at The General® is one that celebrates diversity, team spirit, and good old-fashioned hard work.
The Fast Track Claims Adjuster will operate under the direction of the Fast Track Supervisor. The fast track adjuster is assigned loss reports and performs duties associated with settling high frequency, low severity automobile insurance claims with a focus on customer service, prompt investigation and rapid disposition. The Fast Track Adjuster specializes in settling routine 1st and 3rd party material damage automobile insurance claims quickly within designated authority levels while maintaining a low volume of pending inventory. The Fast Track Adjuster partners with material damage estimators to initiate and manage vehicle repairs. The Fast Track Adjuster is responsible for investigating and settling automobile accident claims over the phone, through written correspondence and available technology.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Evaluate and investigate policy coverage, liability and damages in a timely manner following a set of general claim and statutory guidelines.
- Establish initial reserves for all potential exposures and adjust as appropriate throughout the claim.
- Communicate with involved parties and negotiate appropriate settlements with claimants, insureds and in some cases body shops and attorneys within approved payment authority.
- Establish and maintain appropriate management of assigned inventory following company guidelines.
- Recognize recovery opportunities relating to subrogation and salvage.
- Recognize suspicious claim characteristics and the NICB indicators of fraud and refer such claims to the Special Investigations Unit for review.
You are extremely detail oriented and hard working. You know how to collaborate well across departments. You have 0 - 1 years of insurance claims, customer service, sales and/or underwriting experience. You're skilled with PC and Windows. You have excellent written and verbal communication, time management, critical thinking, organizational, and negotiating skills.
You bring an undergraduate degree or equivilant work experience, and either currently have an adjusting license or the ability to obtain an insurance adjuster license in the states of operation as required.