Broadband Service Technician
ITC Service Group (“ITC”) , is a leading provider of broadband installation, planning, wireless, design and staffing solutions to the telecommunications industry. With over 40 years’ experience in the telecom business, as we continue to grow we recognize that we are only as successful as the people we employ. We provide competitive pay, a positive atmosphere, and career development opportunities. Whether you are just beginning to think about your next job or have already decided to make a meaningful move, we want to talk to you.
ITC Service Group (“ITC”) , is seeking an experienced Broadband Service Technicians in Charlottesville, VA The Broadband Service Tech will perform basic to complex installation, troubleshooting and repair of Broadband integrated digital TV, high speed Internet and voice services from tap to the customer site.
********** Tools and work vehicle required for the job! **********
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Install, change, troubleshoot/repair and disconnects Client services including video, data, and telephone. Perform basic troubleshooting at time of installation and on scheduled service calls from tap to customer's electronic devices. Educate customers regarding new and existing services and describes the advantage of and sells other services to meet customer needs. Buries drops, locates lines and performs service audits.
- Determines customer's current service levels; inquire about customer preferences and needs; recommend service upgrades or additional products
- Resolves or escalates customer complaints, as appropriate
- Uses automated routing system or plans daily route; requisitions equipment and supplies; stocks Company vehicle
- Meets scheduled appointment windows
- Completes work orders and other documentation by mobile computer
- Use small hand tools, power tools, meters and other test equipment (we use HST 3000)
- Maintains and secures Company truck and equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
All candidates are subject to a mandatory pre-employment background check, drug screen, physical exam, and must possess and hold a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Required Experience & Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have experience working with fiber
- At least 3 years’ experience working as a Broadband Technician
- Must be able to work with a 28’ extension ladder. This requires the loading the ladder on and off the top of the van, maneuvering, and carrying a ladder through customer’s front and back yard to get to the telephone pole
- Must be able to vertically place ladder up to a height of 26’ up against the pole or the cable strand
- Must be able to work aloft at heights of 20’ – 26’
- Must be able to work on the ground in sidewalk boxes to access the buried fiber drops through conduits. Requires kneeling, and sometimes hand digging on dirt to find buried conduits.
- Must have own climbing gear or harness.
- Must own small hand tools (screwdriver, wrenches, pliers, wire cutters, etc.)
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug/alcohol screen.
- Valid state driver’s license and non-negligent driving record.
- Meet safety restriction weight limit of 275 lbs.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to visually perceive differences in wire and cable colors.
- Must be able to work flexible hours with the understanding that workdays can be in excess of normal hours and some weekend and holiday work may be required.
- Ability to be “on call” and “on standby” in relation to the workload.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Knowledge of basic electronics
- Skill in using a Windows-based computer
- Ability to comprehend and operate appropriate testing equipment (e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters)
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activities including, but not limited to: lifting objects weighing over 75 pounds
- Work involves driving a motor vehicle safety on a daily basis, standing, talking, hearing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk (10%), sit (5%), climb (10%), balance (5%), stand (15%), stoop (5%), kneel (5%), drive (20%), reach (10%), push, lift (10%) and smell (5%). Skill in the operation of some of the listed tools and equipment, and ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in inclement weather conditions.
- The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration
- The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock
ITC Service Group (“ITC”) , is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.