Home Instead Senior Care®Scheduler Job Description
Duvall Downing, LLC d.b.a. Home Instead Senior Care Objective
The Scheduler (formal position title is Service Coordinator) will join our team and train to become the primary scheduler, working with our team to meet the growing needs of our business. In the capacity of the Service Coordinator, the key player is expected to perform a variety of duties in the coordination of scheduling service for clients. The Service Coordinator has primary responsibility for scheduling clients and CAREGiversSM to provide the highest quality service to clients with emphasis on creating extraordinary relationships. This work requires individuals who are quick-on-their feet problem solvers, remain cool under pressure, and thrive in an environment where time-sensitive demands are the 'stuff' of every day work. Our office culture emphasizes the importance of being a team focused on achieving the mission and living the values that set Home Instead Senior Care apart. Primary Responsibilities:
- Reflect the values of Duvall Downing, LLC, (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise).
- Work with other staff towards a goal of high client and CAREGiver satisfaction.
- Create and maintain client and CAREGiver schedules with an emphasis on creating high quality matches and the development of extraordinary relationships.
- Monitor, mediate, and log all client and CAREGiver activity utilizing our web-based system.
- Follow up with internal staff regarding all client and CAREGiver issues to ensure challenges are resolved.
- Provide back-up to On-Call staff at least two weekends per month and two weeks of weekdays per month (M-Th). Problem-solving, crises assistance only (not required to be in the office for this).
- Provide weekday evening and weekend On-Call staff with updated Client and CAREGiver issues prior to close of business.
- Demonstrate open and effective communication with clients, family members, the franchise owner, colleagues, CAREGivers, and referral providers/care providers.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Maintain regular attendance at the office to execute job responsibilities.
- Conduct Service Inquiries following the consultative sales process.
- Participate as needed in all CAREGiver meetings
- Perform any and all other functions and responsibilities deemed necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2-year Associate or 4-year Baccalaureate degree preferred
- 2 years of experience using a web-based system for scheduling or other similar information-driven and fast-paced process
- One year experience in home care or senior-related industry required, an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must have an understanding of and uphold the policies and procedures established by Duvall Downing, LLC, (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise)
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively
- Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills
- Must demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures
- Must have the ability to establish good working relationships with the franchise owner, office colleagues, clients and CAREGivers
- Must present a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must have the availability to work evenings and weekends as required
- 12 days of personal time off (PTO), to increase incrementally with years of service
- 7 paid holidays
- 401k Plan
- Eligible for bonus plan structures
- Health insurance is not offered at this time
- Office hours 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
Home Instead Senior Care® in Tolland, CT is an independently owned and operated, non-medical home care agency that offers many different types of in-home care individualized to meet the needs of family members. The Home Instead Senior Care network has been delivering in-home care for 25 years. Please see homeinstead.com/713 for more information about our agency.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.
Complex Problem Solving