Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right Thing!"Overview
Our Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Under the supervision of the RN(s), directs and guides patient teaching and activities that commensurate with his/her education and demonstrated competencies.QualificationsEducation:
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- One (1) or more years clinic experience preferred
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) within the state
- Current CPR certification
- Under supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN), assists in the assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients in the Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the housing units.
- Assists in planning an individual treatment program by using available resources in planning care, and consults with RNs and other staff as appropriate while applying knowledge and resources in planning care and patient teaching.
- Implements individualized treatment programs as directed by the Health Care Practitioner.
- Count controlled substances, syringes, needles and sharps at the beginning of each shift with another staff member and sign count logs.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols. Intervenes with proper safety techniques, procedures and standard precautions.
- Responds to a code or health emergency within standard guidelines.
- Implements medical plan through administering medications in accordance with Health Care Practitioner's orders and protocols: Administers medications according to proper techniques and procedures including IV therapy (when certified) and all other approved routes of administration. Uses pharmacy knowledge and available resources to include drug reaction and overdose in administration of medications.
- Implements medical plans through obtaining diagnostic tests in accordance with Health Care Practitioner's orders and protocols: Obtains body fluid specimens and performs EKG's using proper techniques and procedures. Communicates information to ancillary departments using established referral process.
- Assists the Health Care Practitioner in medical or minor surgical procedures as necessary and/or requested to meet individual needs of patients.
- Implement nutrition and therapeutic diet plan through proper techniques and procedures as ordered by Health Care Practitioner.
- Documents nursing encounters using the SOAP form of charting as required by policy and procedure.
- Communicates information to nursing staff, physician, health care unit supervisory personnel and other staff as necessary.
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients.
- Attends mandatory staff meetings and training.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
- Adverse Drug Reactions
- Attention To Detail
- Certified Gastroenterology Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurse
- Certified Nurse Practitioner