Currently seeking a Purchasing Agent III for a position in Germantown, MD for a global infrastructure firm. To assist with sourcing vendors and the procurement of services required to support a multi-year federal government contract that includes services such as storage, transportation, destructions, appraisals, repairs, temp services, and some hardware, software, and supplies.
1. Coordinate, develop, and produce purchase order documentation such as purchase orders, change orders, task orders, agreements, solicitations, estimates, price analyses, negotiation memorandums, justifications, determinations, special contract provisions, representations, certifications and correspondence.
2. Evaluate proposals and quotations, determine offer responsiveness, responsibility, eligibility for award, and provide support for discussions and negotiations, price analyses, Labor Law, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), audit, environmental reporting, and technical compliance.
3. Prepare Requests for Quotes with appropriate documentation
4. Review and process purchase requisitions.
5. Compile documentation to establish compliant procurement files and upload to SharePoint.
6. Coordinate with accounting and finance department to facilitate payments and resolve payments issues, job cost management, contract audit/filing, and closeout process. 7. Negotiate terms and conditions with Government/commercial vendors and subcontractors.
8. Ensure compliance with governmental law and company policies on contracts and procurement.
9. Ensure agreement requirements are met, monitor cost and performance status, assist in cost management, and coordinate issue resolution with customers.
10. Interface and coordinate with vendors/subcontractors as assigned.
11. Maintain a Government compliant filing system and be responsible for correspondence on procurement matters.
12. Source small businesses in various socio-economic categories and assist with monitoring small business goals.
13. Participate in the development of policies and procedures; ensure procurement practices, transactions, and documentation comply with policies and procedures, contract requirements, and Government regulations.
14. Award agreements and purchase orders.
15. Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
1. Bachelor's degree and at least three (3) years in procurement/purchasing under a government prime contract or equivalent job related experience.
2. Experience or ability to perform creative research for unique vendor requirements and sourcing vendors to provide support in somewhat remote areas of the CONUS and OCONUS as well as US territories.
3. Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
4. Must be proficient in Excel.
5. Must be familiar with public laws, SAM, and consent packages. Must have had experience issuing Request for Proposals in Federal Government Contracting.
6. Approximately 3-5 years of related experience in the development and submittal of complex spreadsheets and cost proposals to include price analyses to determine fair and reasonable pricing and provide statistical support.
7. Proficiency with awarding various agreement types to include FFP, FUP, T&M, CR, and LH environments.
8. Attention to detail.
Length of position: Temp to Perm.
Location: Germantown, MD