Requisition ID: 12030
Created in February 2014 through a 50/50 joint venture of the world’s largest and second largest steelmakers, ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel Corporation, AM/NS Calvert is located in Calvert, AL. Our state-of-the-art steel processing facility has the capacity to process 5.3 million tons of high-value steel grades including hot rolled bands, hot rolled pickled and oiled, cold rolled, and advanced coated products for the automotive, pipe and tube, appliance/HVAC, service center and construction industries in the NAFTA market.
AM/NS Calvert products are marketed in NAFTA through managing joint venture partner ArcelorMittal.
- Responsible for structural assessment and design assignments as part of a centralized engineering team focused on customer support of production mills site wide. Responsible for engineering calculations, engineering studies, inspections, and identifying solutions for proper structural support for new and existing equipment that is supported by both reinforced concrete and structural steel.
- Perform structural engineering design of equipment supports as a result of repairs, replacements, or upgrades.
- Collaborate with other team members and production on needs to develop project needs.
- Develop and prepare bid and construction specifications for structural and other civil packages for improvement projects.
- Develop and manage a structural inspection program site wide utilizing drones to perform visual inspections.
- Perform structural calculations and designs of new access platforms as needed.
- Perform structural analysis on existing equipment/components and support systems to determine adequacy for proposed loading scenarios.
- Prepare engineering cost estimates for structural related projects.
- Fulfills the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Fulfills the responsibilities required to achieve the Quality Commitment
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect
- Ensures working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 9001:2015/IATF 16949 and ISO 14001:2015
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering. Proven experience (6 or more years of experience) in Structural Engineering and design.
- Professional Engineer or on track to achieve licensure desired.
- RISA 3D or STAAD
- Current AISC and ACI codes
- Structural steel and reinforced concrete design and inspection
- Working knowledge of statistical processes and analysis, root cause failure analysis
- AISE Technical Report 13 a plus
- International building code
- Proficient with AutoCAD 16 or later
- Solid Works and REVIT experience a plus
- General Microsoft Office and computer skills
- Fast paced manufacturing environment
- Technical writing
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to competently handle a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and displays a high degree of professionalism
- Interest and ability to work at our site location in Calvert, Alabama
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
- Laptop, Desk Phone, Cell Phone
HOURS OF WORK:
- Days, Monday to Friday with extended hours as required due to periods of peak workloads
Please note: The Job Profile is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
If you need an accommodation to complete any part of the application process due to a disability or medical condition, you may call Phone number blocked - click to apply or email Email blocked - click to apply to communicate your accommodation request. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
AMNS Calvert is an EEO Employer: Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Disability, Age, Vet, and Other Protected Group Status.