2 -Direct Hire, Operations Manager Opportunities for a Manufacturing Facility in Lillington, NC.
Veterans and active military are greatly encouraged and welcomed to join our team.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
Great benefits package that includes: medical, dental, life insurance, 401k with matching, short and long term disability, The company pays100% medical premiums for the employee and their family, PTO, paid holidays, employee assistance programs, and more!
- Advancement opportunities as the company continues to grow
Purpose / General Description:
Recruit, develop and lead the operations group. Create and advance a lean manufacturing culture achieving continuously improving performance in Safety, Quality, Delivery and Productivity in alignment with strategic objectives and operational goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and guide the operational activities of the production group. This includes production planning, staffing, equipment maintenance, and shift scheduling to ensure safety, quality, productivity and on-time service to our customers
- Plan and develop systems, procedures and policies to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the group. Maintain key performance measures on department operations
- Recruit and develop staff. Actively train and coach employees in lean thinking and the application of lean manufacturing methodologies to improve performance
- Oversee improvement projects, develop clear specifications and deliverables to guide project work; set priorities, provide assistance as needed; report status to management team
- Maintain productive working relationships with peers and technical leadership across the company. Communicate effectively, work cooperatively and develop systems to support improved collaboration within teams and across the company
- Contribute to the short and long-term organizational strategy planning as a member of the management team.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or other technical specialty (Masters degree is a plus)
- Minimum 5 years experience in leading lean manufacturing operations
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products (SAP experience is a plus)
- Strong organization, project management and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills (communicate well at all levels within the organization)
- Demonstrated ability to think terms of "systems" and work creatively to improve them
- Demonstrated ability to lead improvement efforts and contribute to the success of a team
Volt has been a leader in the Staffing Industry for 60 years and currently has more than 100 branches nationwide to serve both our clients' and candidates' needs. We connect office professionals with leading employers in the area. Whether you are looking for a contract/temporary position or a direct hire, we are here to serve you. Find out more about us by visiting [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Operations Manager.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.