Physician Coder Senior - Patient Accounting (Day) - Physicians - req8219
Orlando Health is one of Florida’s most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare systems providing access to nearly two million Central Florida residents and has provided care for more than 4,600 international visitors annually. Our physician practices, diagnostic centers, hospitals and advanced medical treatments and procedures, along with our highly qualified team of medical specialists, have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader. We are one of Central Florida’s largest employers with more than 15,000 employees and nearly 3,000 affiliated physicians supporting our philosophy of providing a continuum of care that revolves around patients’ needs. As a leading healthcare resource, providing world-class medical care as well as training our future healthcare providers, Orlando Health will continue to foster growth and development throughout the region for generations to come. We are looking for talented individuals to be part of our team.
Accurately and efficiently accesses all information systems to secure and assemble all necessary physician records in order to accurately code and bill professional physician and/or physician extender services.
Reviews medical records and codes physician services utilizing current official classifications systems.
- Verifies billable physician services by reviewing physician documentation for adherence to the “Physician At Teaching Hospital”(PATH) rules set forth by the federal government.
- Follows up on any issues or trends found within the documentation of a particular physician for evaluation and referral to liaison as necessary.
- Collaborates with members of the Health Care Team to identify financial opportunities to satisfy corporate goals
- Interfaces with the Central Business Office to ensure appropriate and complete follow up of patient accounts in order to ensure reimbursement.
- Communicates effectively with all members of the Health Care Team.
- Utilizes resource material available in department to support accurate coding practices
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrates good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Provides data for production reports.
- Maintains 90% accuracy rate.
- Attends departmental and other meetings as scheduled.
- Serves as mentor to Physician Coders I, II, and Assistant Coders.
- Serves as an extension of leadership
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Completion of coding certificate program required.
- Computer literacy, knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology and Medical terminology required
- Thorough knowledge of CPT, ICD coding as evidenced by results of coding skills test score 80% or better.
- One of the following national certifications:
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) renewed every year
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P), through the American Health Information
Management Association (AHIMA) renewed every year.
Please send applications to: Email blocked - click to apply
Certified Coding Specialist
Certified Professional Coder
Health Information Management