Job Details Job Location
: Albuquerque Office - ALBUQUERQUE, NM Salary Range
Are you passionate about the positive impact that renewable energy can make on our economy and environment?
Are you hungry for a work environment that rewards insight, expertise and growth?
Do you make the tough calls, with integrity, keeping client satisfaction front of mind?
Does a place with 310 days of blue skies, four beautiful seasons, 15-minute commutes, first-rate biking and hiking and weekend skiing sound like a place you could live?
We are looking for an outstanding candidate to lead our engineering team for utility scale solar & battery storage projects throughout the Southwest. Your experience, creativity and focused work will be critical to our future and your own career trajectory with us. Relocation assistance to Albuquerque, New Mexico considered.
Established in 2014, Albuquerque based Gridworks is the leading EPC contractor for utility-scale solar and battery storage in New Mexico, with a significant project pipeline throughout western U.S. states. The company is solidly positioned for continued success in the rapid growth of clean energy.
You will mentor and manage our talented engineering team to design and engineer utility-scale PV and/or energy storage projects, taking initial system concepts through to fully detailed construction ready designs.
- Support business development and estimating with RFP narratives, conceptual designs and direct client interaction
- Review and reorganize, where needed, current engineering team processes to optimize performance
- Contract and coordinate external engineering consultants
- Lead project kickoff with engineering team, allocating resources and setting deadlines
- Lead team through drawing reviews of design packages to ensure compliance with project standards and contract specifications.
- Approve 30/60/90 team deliverables prior to client submission
- Oversee process to perform accurate system sizing calculations and system production reports
- Collaborate with estimating and procurement to build detailed bills of materials based on system specifications. Manage submittal process flow.
- Support and influence project team and clients to make informed decisions regarding design and project budgets
- Research and implement value engineering and pre-fab concepts
- Manage commissioning standards and process to achieve project completion
- Provide support to project management and construction teams to ensure client expectations and internal deadlines are met
- B.S. degree in engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) License, preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in substation and/or solar engineering
- Demonstrated leadership of engineering teams greater than 10 members, with the ability to plan and delegate work for complex project execution
- Expertise in electrical power engineering principles with analytical tools (i.e. ETAP, SKM, CYME) related to load flow, arc flash, short circuit and power quality studies
- Background with relevant code standards (i.e. NEC, NFPA 855, IEEE, NESC)
- Thorough knowledge of site assessment, interconnection, and permitting processes
- Experience of participation in business development, estimating, EPC contracting and technical exhibits; preferred
Gridworks is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Business Development
- Contract Management
- Electric Arc