Kforce has a client in search of an Equipment Engineer in Richardson, Texas (TX).
The candidate will perform and support others with engineering the company's telemetry networks, the Company Global Management Network (GMN), to include IDN, EDN and the fXO telemetry network. The Engineer has extensive knowledge and understanding of ICON and logical IP building including IP routing and subnet protocols. Issues occasionally arise during the port fulfilment process which will require the engineer to determine where the failure is occurring - is it a port or IP protocol/routing issue. The engineer works with IT and field organization as required to further troubleshoot and/or needed updates to the ICON database to resolve issues.
- Perform and support others with engineering the company's telemetry networks: The Company Global Management Network (GMN)
- As the workload comes in, the responsibilities vary across the following tasks
- Research and allocate Ethernet ports and IP addresses as well as Asynchronous Router ports
- Interface with Field Personnel for site-specific challenges
- Provide timely reporting of project progress and issues
- Lead project efforts as well as completing the following tasks - manage conference calls, email communications, document/drawing creation and extensive record keeping
- Interacts with various engineering teams such as MSE, iEN-Unified Transport, Data, Access, VGMN, VOIP, Public, etc.
- Engineer uses existing tools (ICON, SNM, VENUE, DNS, IPPOC) and processes to fulfill port assignment, manage/engineer capacity and 1st Level Support
- The Engineer should require little supervision after getting up to speed
- College degree or equivalent experience in Telecom Engineering or Network Equipment and Support
- 3+ years in the Telecom industry
- Solid understanding of networks and telecom equipment; IP networking knowledge is required
- Strong project management capabilities as well as excellent PC and software application skills including Windows and MS Office needed
- Excellent verbal and written skills for inter-organizational communications are a must
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in the MS Office suite
- Strong knowledge in job related functional area and of the telecommunications business
- Knowledge of the following systems a plus: CCP, CoFEE, SRM/SAP, MECCA, ICON/SiteVu
- Technical degree preferred
- CCNA certifications a plus
- Any knowledge of fXO legacy systems (TBS/SNOOPS) or (CRAN/MTSO) a plus
- Extensive Excel knowledge a plus
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)