Description: Job Title:
Lead Security Software EngineerJob ID:
Anaheim, CAJob Description:
L3 Interstate Electronics Corporation is seeking a highly motivated individual interested in a career in embedded software development and embedded system security and anti-tamper design and implementation. In addition to mastering embedded software development, success in this position requires an ability to understand the overall system, apply creative thinking and perform work with extreme attention to detail.
The successful candidate will work on a variety of navigation solutions, including global positioning systems (GPS). These solutions include embedded system AT, which encompasses the engineering activities intended to prevent and/or delay exploitation of critical technologies in U.S. weapon systems. These activities involve the entire life-cycle of systems acquisition, including research, design, development, implementation, and testing of AT measures.Essential Functions:
- Advance the development and maintainability of AT design and Program Protection Implementation Plans (PPIPs).
- Lead the verification of requirements, design, and hands-on implementation of security solutions and computing devices in embedded software and ASIC.
- Have the ability to lead the assessment of theoretical reverse engineering attacks and design countermeasures to defeat these attacks.
- Develops and interprets security policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Can architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate security-focused tools and services.
- Accepts responsibility for development and maintenance of the security aspects of military GPS receivers and other navigation solutions.
- Experienced in creation and analysis of attack trees.
- Experienced in embedded software design and implementation.
- Familiar with industry best practices for secure coding and software security foundations.
- Demonstrates understanding of software or hardware security architecture.
- Has experience designing and implementing software for embedded systems.
- Has experience working with multidisciplinary teams of engineers on embedded systems.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree, Advanced degree(s) preferred. A STEM degree is required (Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent STEM degree).
- Bachelor's and a minimum of 9 years OR Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years experience of progressive, technical (hands-on) experience related to Design and Development in (HW/SW), Anti-Tamper, Cybersecurity or Software Assurance
- 2+ years experience designing, implementing, testing, and fielding real-time Embedded security-oriented solutions on Department of Defense (DoD) programs
- Experience in design, analysis and implementation of embedded design.
- Experienced in writing and presenting papers on research topics (aka "White Papers").
- Experience in GPS receiver development and/or GPS system design.
- Experienced in Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Microsoft Project, requirements analysis tools (e.g., DOORS) and peer review products
- Experience interfacing with senior program and functional management
- Demonstrated organization, coordination, planning and teaming skills
- Application Specific Integrated Curcuits
- Attention To Detail
- Computer Security