Qualified individual will be the assistant to full-time accounting staff, primarily responsible for accounts receivable data entry and collections as well as other accounting tasks as needed.
• Accounts receivable data entry:
o Enter check deposit data into BusinessWorks and MACO databases (daily).
o Remotely deposit checks into corporate bank account (daily).
o Use a program in Eclipse IDE to condense WA State Dept. of Labor & Industries remittances to be entered into BusinessWorks (bi-weekly).
o Transfer accounts receivable data from MACO database to BusinessWorks database (semiweekly).
o Research AR payment history as needed
o Call, email, and fax claims managers regarding past due/denied invoices (daily).
o Investigate reasons behind denials of payment and resolve them.
o Log, track, and organize explanations of billing/repricing (daily).
• Accounts payable:
o Process and mail checks to vendors (weekly).
o Reconcile and enter payment date for multiple vendors
o Research vendor payment history
o Use Google Drive, Docs and Sheets as well as Microsoft Office to prepare written instructions and create templates for general accounting use.
• Other duties as needed.
• High school diploma or GED
• Two years experience with computer data entry
• Basic knowledge of Excel
• Ability to interact professionally and courteously with clients and employees
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to learn new tasks and procedures quickly
• Good numbers skills
• Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment
• One or more years basic bookkeeping experience
• Accounting coursework at the college level
• Ten key by touch
Genex is an equal opportunity, at-will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles