Who we are
National Youth Advocate Program has been serving communities and clients since 1978 and we continue to grow each year. Our growth allows us to expand and develop new and innovative programs to meet the ever-changing needs of those we serve. We offer unique and personalized services for families and individuals in four areas: Prevention/Intervention, Positive Youth Development, Out-of-Home-Placement and Reunification/Permanency.
We know you are compassionate and dedicated to serving your clients and communities and NYAP is dedicated to providing support to those who join our team! We look for individuals that are ready to make a direct impact and are excited to be an instrument in supporting the needs of our children, youth and families.
Working At NYAP
* NYAP's commitment to doing what is best for children, youth and their families is a core value and one that we look for in our newest team members.
* 22 Days Off Each Year! Plus 11 Paid Holidays Per Year!
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* Competitive salaries and benefits including a 401(k), Summer Hours Off (reduced work schedule), and Work Anniversary Trips!
* Mileage Reimbursement, Phone Allowance, Student Loan Repayment Assistance, CEU's and ongoing trainings/education
Responsible for development of positive youth activities in arts, culture, and sports. Identify qualified members to join the Out of School team. Identify activities that can be developed to align with youth programs and services.
* Assure that Out of School Aides for youth are supervised.
* Participate in the development of the treatment plans with the client, caregiver(s), referring agency, case manager, significant family member(s), and natural support.
* Make sure all activities in the program have objectives that are clear.
* Assure the safety of all participants in programs.
* Interact with the youth to develop a trusting, supportive relationship while assisting the youth in achieving identified goals
* Develop timeline and calendar for each month for activities.
* Order program materials as needed.
* Complete all relevant training on a timely basis as required by state, contract, and/or licensing agency standards
* Complete all required documentation in a timely manner
* Provide monthly reports
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education, human services or a related field.
* Three years' experience in the human services field.
* Bilingual English/Spanish fluency
* Must have a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, automotive insurance, and a good driving record.
* Minimum automobile insurance coverage of $100,000/300,000 bodily injury liability.
* Proficient use of desktop and laptop computers, internet search, people management programs, smart phones and tablets, printers, fax machines and photocopiers as well as software including word processing, spreadsheet and database programs.
* Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact with individuals of different racial, cultural, educational, and economic backgrounds
* A willingness to work flexible and non-traditional hours with a possibility of being on call on nights/weekends, in the service of foster caregivers, families of origin, and persons served.
* Familiarity with data collection and entry for report purposes
In the spirit of caring for one another and our community, NYAP Immunization Policy and Procedures requires all employees, contractors, interns and volunteers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except to the extent an individual is eligible for an exemption or the policy and procedure is not applicable by law. The State of IL has a separate mandate. For more information contact Human Resources at
Our organization was established in Ohio and is now in 10 states. We continue to expand and develop new and innovative programs for our communities and families. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes major medical, dental, vision, 401K, student loan assistance and generous paid time off. If YOU can envision it; WE can DO it! The possibilities are endless!
The person in this position needs to follow a team concept and support agency goals, colleagues and ORR liaisons. Candidate must be able to effectively work with and be respectful and sensitive to persons from various cultures, socioeconomic, ethnic, gender, gender identity, sexual identity, disability, religious, and racial backgrounds.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties but rather a reflection of typical work performed in that position.
If this is you visit us at www.nyap.org/employment/
- Automotive Industry
- Child Development
- Data Collection
- Early Childhood Education