Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage, and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 100+ metal and glass production facilities in more than 20 countries, employing approximately more than 23,000 people and have global sales of more than $9bn.
We believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential, and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organisation.
Purpose of the Job:
To coordinate activities and lead the development of new can and end designs that meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Develops lighter weight can and end designs which meet all performance and manufacturing requirements
- Designs tools, selects materials and establishes tolerances consistent with equipment capability.
- Creates and revises product and tooling drawings using the CAD system.
- Documents changes to engineering records and specification documents in accordance with established procedures.
- Manufactures on the pilot line, optimizes and tests new designs for fitness for manufacturability and product use to support new product development and/or the metal light-weighting technology plan.
- Assists manufacturing with process and/or quality improvements to meet cost and/or quality targets.
- Liaison with tooling vendors to ensure required levels of quality and delivery dates for new tooling designs are met.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Experience:
- Mechanical Engineering degree required
- 10+ years’ experience in a design or manufacturing environment
- CAD capable (AutoCad / SolidWorks)
- PDM / SAP experience desired.
- DOE understanding; basic statistics and process capability understanding
- Finite element analysis skills
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Six Sigma experience (MiniTab)
- Progressive die experience a plus
- Very strong problem-solving skills
- Good at detailed work; excellent computer skills (programming a plus)
- Highly motivated
Our Vision and Values
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
For more information on Ardagh Group, visit [ Link removed ].
Solid Works (Cad)
Computer Aided Design
Geometric Dimensioning And Tolerancing
Product Data Management