To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
251 15th Street Northeast
Sioux Center, IA 51250
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Plant Human Resources Manager
Smithfield Foods • Sioux Center, IA
Posted 20 days ago
The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
This position manages, directs and coordinates the Human Resource policies and programs covering several of the following: labor relations, wage and salary administration, orientation and training, safety and health, benefits and employee services. This position also manages the recruitment, development and retention of employees; has knowledge of EEO laws and general human resources concepts.Responsibilities
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 5+ years’ relevant experience, required.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Knowledge of Human Resource systems; Internet software; Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Payroll Database software.
- Possesses specialized knowledge of HR systems, processes and procedures, including administration of benefits, compensation and other programs.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customer or employees of organization.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong reasoning and math skills.
- Bi-lingual skills: speak, read, write, address groups, individuals, conduct investigations, counseling, training, mentoring, using language other than English (as applicable to the business unit), preferred.
- Must be able to travel 5-10% of the time.
- Provides leadership and guidance to employees in clerical functions of HR.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of the time is spent in an office setting outside of the production plant or distribution center. The environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts or equipment, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production or loading areas.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.