To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hickory, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Nurse Practitioner - Piedmont Cardiology
Frye Regional Medical Center • Hickory, NC
Posted 11 days ago
Other Great Industries
Frye Regional Medical Center
As a part of Duke LifePoint Healthcare, our community hospital is being supported with more resources than ever before. Duke LifePoint combines Duke University Health System's unparalleled expertise in clinical excellence, quality and patient safety with LifePoint Health's financial resources and extensive operational experience - making our hospital even stronger.
Duke LifePoint Healthcare's pledge to our hospital and the communities we serve is quality, expertise and commitment.
- Quality is the cornerstone of Duke LifePoint, and it is the central focus of everything the organization and our hospital strive to achieve.
- Duke LifePoint pledges to bring a wealth of expertise and resources to strengthen the already excellent care our hospital delivers.
- And, Duke LifePoint's commitment is to work collaboratively with our hospital to make our community healthier by strengthening local healthcare delivery for the future.
For more information about Duke LifePoint, visit www.dukelifepointhealthcare.com.
- Assess patient health status including state of wellness, compliance with care plan and determines appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Provides acute and chronic patient care including taking histories, physicals, monitoring therapies. Administers medications and injections in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines.
- Supervises treadmill stress tests.
- Rotates weekend hospital coverage with other MLP’s.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Interprets and integrates data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
- Triage patient calls and evaluates patient problems. Educates patients and families as appropriate. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients. Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits. Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results.
- Responds to emergencies including use of CPR.
- Documents patient information and care provided in patient record and maintains department statistics. Uses computer to access/ enter needed data.
- Consults with other staff as necessary.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Current state PA license, certified by National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants, or current state ARNP license.
- Current ACLS certification.
- Minimum three years professional nurse practitioner experience or three years of experience as physician assistant. Clinic setting preferred.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Job ID: 7469-1490
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.