To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Huachuca, AZ
- Jacobs Engineering Group
- Phone: 321/861-8158
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Tactical Data Link (TDL) Tester
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. • Fort Huachuca, AZ
Posted 2 months ago
The selected candidate will provide testing support for the Joint Interoperability Test Command's Tactical Data Link (TDL) Joint Interoperability Test (JIT) program.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing as task leader, implementing a system of management controls to meet the overall cost, performance, and schedule requirements of the task.
- Reviewing TDL Military Standard (MIL-STD) and Allied Tactical Data Link Publication (ATDLP) Interface Change Proposals (ICPs) and tracking how these proposals change the standards and their impacts to TDL JIT and standards conformance testing efforts.
- Updating the Link 16, Link 11/11B, and data forwarding Master Test Procedures (MTPs) to include changes associated with ICPs and developing new Link 22 and Integrated Broadcast Service Common Message Format (IBS-CMF)/Link 16 forwarding, or other data link-related MTPs.
- Reviewing TDL JIT test procedures, reports, and certification memorandums for technical accuracy.
- Maintaining a database of system under test deficiencies (Trouble Reports) and assisting database developers with requirements.
- Preparing for and conducting TDL standards conformance tests, to include operating test tools, conducting posttest analysis, documenting deficiencies, and authoring test reports and certification documentation.
- Master's degree and 8 years of experience; or
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experience; or
- One year of experience can be substituted by 15 semester hours completed towards a Master's degree.
- Requires at least 1 certification in area of specialization
- The degree must be in a relevant technical curriculum and experience must be related to the job duties.
- Additional certifications (other than those required for the position) in the area of specialization may be substituted for 1 year of experience.
- Must have an active Secret security clearance at time of hire.
- Knowledge of J-series message formats and protocols defined in MIL-STD-6016.
- Knowledge of tactical data link operations.
- 8-10 years of tactical data link-related testing and/or operational experience.
- Experience as an operator of BOSS, TIGER, MLST3, ADSI, or JRE/JTEP.
- Military experience as an Operations Specialist, Surveillance Technician/Officer, Weapons Director, Tactical Air Controller, or other related ops.
- Experience with configuration management of the data link MIL-STDs and/or ATDLP, ICP evaluation, detailed test procedure development.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
An inside and outside environment (considerations: closed quarters, close together, lighting). Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Core work hours will be between 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.